20. My enemy

V takes a peek into a cell. Claire has been given a separate cell. She is sleeping right now. Her hands and legs are chained.

He touches the glass. She looks troubled in her sleep. As if she's having a nightmare.

"Forgive me..." whispers him.

V caresses the glass as if he could touch her. He sighs before he leaves that spot.

Claire opens her eyes. She lifts her head.

A glimpse of him. V is leaving when she rises from her mat. She rams her body to the glass. The thick glass trembles but it doesn't even crack.

"Damn it! Why would you..."

"Let me out! Let me out! I want out!"

She rams her body against the glass again. And again. Her lips are bleeding due to the hard impacts. Bruises start to form in her small shoulders.

"Stop! Okay! You're out!"

V orders, "Take her out. Take off her chains."

"Your Majesty, it isn't wise to..."

"Just get her out,"orders him more firmly.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Claire rubs her wrists when the chains have been taken off. V looks dead worried. She stares him without saying anything. He looks another way. A sign of a guilty heart.

She tries to walk but her legs feel numb. She almost falls down when he catches her. He lifts her and puts her down on a nearby chair.

Claire stares to few glass prisons nearby. All of them have werewolves in them.

"Free them," demands her.

"No."

"Please..."

V shakes his head. He approaches a cell. The Werewolf inside it suddenly goes berserk. He kept ramming his furry body against the thick glass wall until it trembles very hard. It cracks a little.

The other wolves do the same. They kept hitting the glasses until one of them shatters.

The first wolf leaps toward V but he dodges his fierce attack easily.

Claire yells, "Stop!"

The wolf suddenly leaps toward her. His sharp claws are aimed to her throat.

V pulls her away and he shields her. He hisses when the claws pierce his back. He pushes Claire away. She falls down not too gently.

The Vampire leader draws his blade and he strikes the wolf. The beast howls loudly when he strikes back.

More glasses crack and shattered. The wolves have surrounded him. V attacks them swiftly. Still he doesn't escape the battle unscathed. He is holding his wounded arm when all the wolves have been defeated.

The guards quickly enter the lab.

"No! What are you doing?" screams Claire.

The guards are injecting bluish liquid into their veins. The wolves begin to shiver as if they're in pain.

 The wolves begin to shiver as if they're in pain