A Challenge for Iggy

-Noctis POV-

"Hey Iggy, how come you never show any skin?" Prompto asked casually as we drove towards lestallum from hammerhead.

"That is a very odd question. What is the cause for you asking?" Ignis asked with the same elegant delivery as everything he says.

"I just..." Prompto look around the Regalia to me and Gladio, who both just stared with curiosity to where this conversation was going to end up, "even the royal prince Noctis shows more skin by wearing a basic t shirt." Prompto said putting a little tone with the royal prince part.

Ignis hesitated before saying something back.

"Well, It is very easy to respond with, I have no need to show skin, but since I feel I have a bit of knowledge about you guys, I'm making the assumption you would not accept that as an answer." He waited for our responses.

Prompto, Gladio, and I nodded at Ignis's answer, and waited for him to continue. He cleared his throat then carried on.

"And with that question, the easy answer is the one I shall let you guys interpret." I heard Gladio let out a disappointed sigh, and I saw Prompto shake his head. I remained quiet and didn't give a reaction.

"I'm surprised Iggy." Gladio said.

"What is it that surprises you at this time?"

"Whenever ANYONE asks you a question, you usually are more than happy to give a deep over the top answer."

"With a question of that little of complexity, an even more complex answer is just ridiculous, and a waste of my breath."

"It may not seem that important to you. But that category is a mystery and a half. We want to know! We want..." Prompto started chanting with Gladio joining in, and me just sat with a grin plastered across my face.

"Ok. Ok. Ok. I've heard quite enough of that. I'm sure Noct has as well."

"Actually..." I said finally, "I kinda have always wondered that myself. Why do you always cover up so much?"

Ignis let out a quiet impatient groan. We all were almost completely silent, waiting once again for what he would say next.

"Y-you guys have a bunch of ideas as to why swimming in your minds. How about we let those imagination of your's run wild."

"If our imagination weren't running we wouldn't be asking." Gladio said, sounding genuinely intregued.

"You guy's persistency is admirable, yet quite annoying under these circumstances."

"Oh, we know." Gladio and Prompto said in near perfect unison.

"I... It's..." I mentally chuckled at Ignis's rare, but hilarious studder, "I'm a ROYAL crownsguard... Not a male exotic dancer, I don't get anything out of disrobing myself."

"Oh, is someone insecure?" Gladio said in a mocking tone lightly slapping Ignis's shoulder.

I couldn't stop myself from smiling at the whole ridiculousness of the conversation. I also couldn't believe Iggy actually brought up that profression. He put it in a much more polite term than any of the three of us would've, which is typical for him.