Huge Mistake

It fills my chest with pride you guys are starting to give my book "A LOVE LIKE NO OTHER" a chance. Now I would really appreciate if you all started reading this one as well. But will be patient and wait

Song Name: The Great Divide
Singer Name: McClain Sisters

Without further ado here another chapter of LOVE WILL CONQUER!

HAPPY READING!
*********

Chapter No.7

Evelyn's POV:

Today I decided to go with casual since I'm meeting Charlotte at my almost renovated restaurant. I have a slight fever but nothing too serious. And besides, I'm still guilty about postponing our plans.

Since I feel under the weather, I ask our driver, Alan to drive

Since I feel under the weather, I ask our driver, Alan to drive. I take my car so that Mommy doesn't get suspicious. Thank goodness she's driving herself and took Ron with her for grocery shopping.

We arrive at the restaurant and see a white Lexus LS already parked. Not many people own them so it's of course, them.

Stepping into the restaurant, "Evie! You're here!" Charlotte giggles fill the empty restaurant.

I smile at her and crouch down, opening my arms and Charlotte runs into my arms. She giggles and it makes me automatically smile, "Sorry, I'm late Charlotte."

"It's okay, we all just came," Charlotte replies.

Letting go, I stand up and see its Mr. and Mrs. Theodore and of course, Archer, Charlotte's father. I greet them all. Since it's full-on warm since its June. The air conditioning is turned to the max. Me not feeling well... I just hope it doesn't cause me problems.

I've noticed Archer doesn't talk much. Only replies when it involves Charlotte. I decide to make a strawberry shortcake since she told me it's her favorite. She's totally entranced in my baking. The girl can ask questions that's for sure.

I allow her to help to make whip cream and topping the cake. Since we decided to meet at lunch I decided to lasagna as well. It's my favorite and hopefully would allow me to warm up. I've so got to take meds after going home.

Mrs. Theodore knows something isn't right but doesn't ask because Charlotte is present. I've also made a separate play space for kids her age so she drags her gran-grandpa with her. Which leaves me, Mrs. Theodore and Archer.

"Evelyn?"

"Yeah?"

"You have a fever don't you?" She says straight to the point.

Archer looks my way surprised, "What gave away...?" I sigh.

"You're not energetic. Dear, you can't fool me. How much must you work till you finally break down? Just what kind of your mother is she not to know that her own daughter isn't feeling well?" Mrs. Theodore says angrily.

"I didn't let Mommy know. You can't blame her. I just have a lot of issues... Mrs. Theodore, please leave her out of it. I'll bring out lunch. It must be ready by now." I reply.

I get up to go but the world around me literally spins, shoot! I hear someone call my name. But my mind a bit fuzzy so I can't understand. They take me to sit on the couch in the office. Someone brings water close to my lips and I drink water, heartily.

My mind clears up, and I see that it's Archer who's supporting my weight on him. His arm around my shoulders, protectively, like a cocoon, his warmth enveloping my cold body, "Evie! Are you okay?"

I hear a little voice, "Yeah, sorry Charlotte... I felt a bit dizzy just now..." I sigh. 

"Not just a bit dizzy, you have a high fever!" Archer says putting his free hand on my forehead.

Either I'm crazy or just plain fuzzy from the fever because his voice seems worried. The guy insulted me just a day ago... "I know it wasn't that bad when I left... It's just that air conditioning is on full speed so it may have caused a hype."

He looks at me if I'm totally out of it, "Couldn't you have just turned it a bit down! Now look at your condition, you nearly fell to the ground if I wasn't close to you!"

He scolded me like a kid, which made me giggle, they all looked at me as if I'm crazy, "I'm sorry, it's just that it kind of feels nice to have someone scold me for being careless... The last time I was scolded was ironically by Mrs. Theodore."

He just shakes his head in disbelief, "Is there any medicine here? Or should I get some?"

I nod, "Check the second drawer on the right."

He lets go completely only after making sure I'm properly seated and checks the drawer. As predicted the medicine is there. I'm not much of meds fan but sometimes you can't do anything about it.

He hands me one pill with a glass of water which I take begrudgingly, "Evelyn, dear you could've just have been honest with us from the beginning. I know Charlotte would've understood."

Charlotte nods rapidly, "I would, I would...! I'm sorry that you got sick because of me..."

"It's alright, sweetie, I was kind of not feeling well yesterday as well... I can be a bit stubborn when it comes to myself... If anyone I blame myself for being careless."

At that moment my phone rings and it's Mark, I pick it up, "Hey, Evie!"

"Hey... What's up for you to be calling right now?" due to the time difference it's night over there.

"Uh... We as in Lyra may have messed up the meeting time, with Mr. Alonso's secretary... It's not tomorrow. It's today and according to the time zone its 5 p.m. your time." He explains.

My eyes widen, I look at the wall clock and its 4:40 p.m. now, "You guys really know how to make a person go insane! You both are idiots! Exactly, what time is he arriving, at least you know that right?"

"He'll reach by 5:15 p.m. I'm really sorry, Evelyn... It's a huge mistake at our end..." I sigh there's no use blaming him now.

"It's okay, I'll talk later. Right now, I have a limited amount of time..." I hang up the call.

Seriously, if I didn't have a headache before I sure do now.