Happy But Broken

Remember to Vote + Comment = Voment! Singer and song are follows:-

Song Name: Rockabye
Singer Name: Clean Bandit ft. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie

Without further ado here is another chapter of LOVE WILL CONQUER!

💜HAPPY READING💜
⚜️⚜️⚜️

Chapter No.25

Archer's POV:

Looking into beautiful blue-green eyes filled with sadness but a little hope after hearing my words... I wanted to do this in better circumstances but now as good as any, "I know this isn't the best time to say this but Eve... I wanted to say these words and give you this present on your birthday. But I want to give it to you now. I really like you, Eve and even though I made huge blunders you still gave me a chance to redeem myself. You and just your presence changed me and I can't thank you enough for that. So I guess what I want to say is... Be mine? Be my girlfriend? By accepting this present..." I say pulling out from my pocket a little rectangular box wrapped in silver wrapping paper with a blush pink bow.

She looks absolutely stunned but replies, "Archer... I can't reply to you right now... My mind's completely puzzled and now Mommy is like this... I'm sorry but I don't think it's a good idea to like me... I never do anything but bring devastation..."

She lowers her head not facing me as she said the last words, I sigh, putting my index finger and thumb under her chin I raise her face to face me.

"Evelyn, remember one thing... You bring happiness where ever you go. You gave Bernard Alonso a new meaning to not only living but also family. The cold-hearted person who was slowly becoming workaholic changed for the better after meeting you. Today, your brother can study in the best kindergarten because of you. He learned and grew under your tender love, care, and strictness. If it weren't for you, who knows what would've happened. And finally you brought me closer to my daughter in ways I didn't know. You made me realize where I was wrong and why. I can't thank you for it no matter how much I try. And I'm willing to wait for as long as it takes. I'll wait for your answer until Aunt Saira wakes up. But that doesn't mean I won't pursue you." I finish looking into her beautiful eyes.

She sniffles and tears fill her eyes, "Wow, I've never been an emotional mess. Thanks a lot. Because this is the first time that all my emotions are on surface... And I don't know what to do."

I smile, and pull her in my arms, she lets out a squeal as it was unexpected, "Best choice, don't keep them hidden, Eve. I like it better when you act the way and age you are instead of being an old lady."

Instantly, I receive her glare, which makes me chuckle, which in turn makes her smile as well, "Now, will you eat? I brought your favorite Lasagna... I didn't know which drink you preferred so I brought coke."

She nods, "Yeah... That'd be awesome. I'm kind of hungry."

I smile knowing that she's at least trying to relay what she really feels. I now understand fully why Bernard and Celia were always so worried about her. It's not because they want to repay for the kindness she gave them but it's because of who she is. They are just afraid that something might happen and when it does no one would be there to protect her.

I take out the boxes which I had especially packed and separate them one by one. I give her one and then hand her a folk. She takes a bite of it and moans at the taste which has my heart beating at a rate faster than I ever knew... She's definitely going to drive me mad.

"This is absolutely delicious! Whoever made it sure does have skills. I don't easily compliment! And considering this is lasagna, I'm surprised that someone made it this well other than me." Eve says and the stupid smile that seems to be etched on to my face seems to be permanent.

I chuckle, "Well I'll be sure to pass on your praise to Grans."

She looks surprised, "Grans? But as far as I know Granny Dawn can't at all."

I chuckle, "No, I meant my grandma from Mom's side of the family. Her birth mother."

"Birthmother?" She asks curiously.

I smile, "Yeah, my Mom has two parents. Her birth parents the James family and adoptive family the Andersons. Mom was kidnapped in her early years meaning she was only 3. But due to some unexpected people she was able to escape her kidnappers and the Anderson family found her and ultimately adopted her. She didn't reunite with her parents no until she was 20 and that was also because of Aunt Serena's impulsive thinking and Dad."

She nods, "Wow... That must've been a lot on her... But I'm happy she reunited. This way she has two parents who love her and not to forget Grandma Dawn. I even remember now whenever she called her or vice versa, she'd lecture Amalie to be careful. Not to be so bold. Just always stay with Austin. It was really fun to watch." She giggles at the end.

Then she looks at me and her face turns poker, I wonder what happened, "Archer, why aren't you eating?"

"I brought it for you, Eve. Besides I'm not hungry." I shrug.

She sighs, taking a bite of lasagna she moves the folk towards my mouth, and looks at me expectantly when I don't comply, she says, "Archer you not hungry, my foot. You've not eaten since morning as well. You rushed here as soon as you knew. And now you're saying that you're not hungry... Open up before I shove it into your mouth."

Her stern look means she isn't about to give any time soon so I comply and internally smile that Eve cares... She even notices even the smallest of things... If it was Xia, I can bet on my favorite car she wouldn't care. And to be honest, their personalities are literally opposite.

She makes sure that I eat along with her. The one thing I notice in the last is that I never ever with the same utensils or even plate as someone else be it my family or someone else. But I not only ate but didn't even notice. She really is changing me in ways I didn't even know myself, and quite literally.

Some while later, we both step out so that we can take a short stroll in the garden when a nurse comes running towards us, "Miss. Colton, you're mother's condition is not stable... She keeps saying, Felix... Is there a person Felix with you or you know?"

Eve stops in her tracks and her face turns hard, "Yes..."

Immediately we go inside, and Eve holds her mother's hand, "Mommy... I know what you're going through... Don't worry. I will bring justice. And this time without any mercy." She kisses her forehead.

She relaxes and not only that. She opens her eyes! Eve looks absolutely happy but broken all at once but still engulfs her mother in a hug. Her mother being weak but still wants to tell her something.

"Don't worry Mommy, I know everything. You just need to focus on resting." Eve cuts her mother off.

The doctors give her a relaxation dosage causing her to sleep. I stare at Eve the entire while but she just sighs, "You know what, Archer?"

I look at her but for some reason I know won't like what she's gonna say next, "I think it's for the better you don't like me. I can't return your feelings. Not now... Not ever."

My eyes widen at what she said, and if possible she crushed my heart. I leave her after that because I really don't want to face her. Not now at least.