Mommy

Remember to Vote + Comment = Voment! Singer and song for this chapter are as follows:-

Song Name: Don't Let Me Down
Singer Name: The Chainsmokers ft. Daya

Without further ado here is another chapter of LOVE WILL CONQUER!

💜HAPPY READING💜
⚜️⚜️⚜️

Chapter No.23

Archer's POV:

"Archer, do you intentionally avoid Charlotte or what?" She asks and I look at her shocked.

"No way in hell would I avoid my own daughter Evelyn! You of all people should know that." I say trying my best not to raise my voice.

She shakes her head, "No, Archer. I of all people as you stated don't know it. Do you want to know why I visit Amalie and Austin so much?"

I nod but I know I won't like the answer, "Because, they were becoming helpless in the case of Charlotte. I don't know what happened to her mother. But she needs you! You're her father figure. The person she looks up to. But for several weeks you've been completely ignorant of your duties. Archer being a parent never was easy and it never will be. Take it from me. I'm raising Ron. Even now, the importance I have can't be taken over by anyone else. Just like for Charlotte... But now since you don't give her time she's starting to confide in me. Her fears and happiness and sadness... It's not that it... It's just that a few days back Amalie was feeling really down that Charlotte preferred communicating with me rather than her family. Did you know in the middle of the night she would call to tell me about her bad dreams? And I intently listen to her. Why? Because I know how it feels to be alone even in a crowd. Please don't let her suffer alone. Archer, please. I'm enough..."

I'm completely speechless... Have I become so distant that my own daughter can't reach out to me when I sleep just the opposite room of her? I see Eve has tears in her eyes but she turns her head away from me. Without thinking through I pull her into my arms and hug her to me... She clutches my shirt tightly in her palms.

I didn't want to be the reason for her tears, now I know why she ignored me, I was completely an asshole both to my daughter and Eve... She has the entire right to be mad at me.

"Daddy?" A little voice says from the doorway.

Eve immediately moves but I don't let her go and keep her there and open my other arm for my daughter. She runs and jumps into arms. I hug them both tightly.

"Archer!"

"Daddy!"

Both of them say together, I only hug them tighter, "Archer! You dummy are you trying to suffocate me?!"

I laugh and lighten my grip but don't totally let go, "I am so, so, so, sorry both of you... I made some promises to both of you but neglected everything in front of my dreams. I am an idiot and for that I am sorry."

Eve hits me on the head and Charlotte does the same, "Hey!" I whine.

"You got that right, mister. Neglect us again and you'll really face our wrath. Remember, our wrath is unlike any others. Right Lotte?" She asks my daughter.

"Right, Mommy!" She covers her mouth immediately.

I look at Eve and she looks at me with the shock, "I'm sorry, Evie... It just slipped..." Charlotte tries to cover up.

Eve just smiles and shakes her head, "It's okay, Lotte."

"What in the name is my son up...?" Mom's words die when she enters the room.

"Oh... I didn't know that I was disturbing a couple time... I will take my leave." Mom leaves with a knowing smile.

Eve, on the other hand, looks as though she's seen a ghost, "You big dummy!" She shouts looking at me, her entire face is red.

"I don't know how to even say it!!! Because of your stupidity of not letting me go, Amalie completely misunderstood!" She says completely mortified.

Before I can say anything she gets up and I let her, "Evie... You don't like Daddy? I know Daddy hugged us... But is it really wrong for him to hug you?"

"Uh... No... It's just that... Dang it how do I say it. Umm, it's like this sweetie pie. If your Daddy hugs me and doesn't let go people will misunderstand... Like he likes me more than a friend or something. You get me?" She tries to explain.

But Charlotte just shook her head, "No, Evie... I like you. Daddy does too! He never lets anyone close to him but he hugs you. That means he likes you!"

Wow, I didn't expect my daughter to be so observant but what I didn't expect was to see Eve blush. She looked absolutely adorable with it... Wait a sec... Am I really starting to fall for her? Oh man, I'm in a lot of trouble.

Eve just takes Charlotte and leaves the room, leaving with my own thoughts. Charlotte never even called Xia mom. If anything she never liked her. But unconsciously or consciously she called her mommy. Which was really out of the ordinary... My thoughts wander to Eve and her blush has my heart beat faster than it ever did with Xia. Damn it, if this keeps up if Eve remains a part of mine and Charlotte's life I won't be able to hold back my feelings... Oh man, this was so not in my plans.

Shaking my head from the weird feelings I head downstairs. To say dinner was interesting might be an understatement. I couldn't believe my own eyes when I saw Eve scolding Dad not to talk business on the table on which the women of the house thanked their lucky stars that they have Eve to whom no one can refuse, not even my brother, Chris.

After dinner Mom made Eve stay overnight and said, that she already had asked Saira. After arguing she gave up knowing she won't win.

"Evie! Evie! Evie! Will, you read me a bedtime story with Daddy?" Charlotte asks.

Eve nods, "Of course, anything for my cutie pie." Taking one of my hands and other of Eve's she takes us to her room.

She even asks Eve to help change her clothes. I literally am shocked by her behavior today. Finally settling in bed we both decide to read her beauty and the beast. Her all-time favorite book. She fell asleep for less than 10 minutes.

We both chuckled at her behavior. Stepping out of her room, a yawn escapes Eve as well, "Looks like the book has done its work on you as well." I smile.

She looks at me with 'are you serious' look, "Nope, I just had a very eventful day that revolves around the person who's named starts with 'A'. That's all."

I sigh at her stating the obvious, "I really am sorry, Eve... And from now on I promise Charlotte will come first for me."

She just waves her hand, "Nah, it's understandable. Just don't repeat it. Now, the question is how will you make it up to me?" She looks at me with a devilish look.

I gulp, "Anything. Name it."

"Nope! This is your punishment. You have to figure out how to make it up to me. You have time till my birthday, which by the way is next week. Good night, Archer." With that, she leaves.

This girl is really something else! No doubt about it... Looks like I'm gonna have a blast and quite literally...