I Don't Date Bastards

As promised here is the 1st chapter from the double update! Enjoy! But remember to Vote + Comment = Voment!

Song Name: ME!
Singer Name(s): Taylor Swift ft. Brandon Urie
Cover By: First To Eleven

Without further ado here is another chapter of LOVE WILL CONQUER!

💜HAPPY READING💜
⚜️⚜️⚜️

Chapter No.29

Archer's POV:

Breakfast was relatively how I should put it intense. It's understandable considering what Eve has been through. Bernard and his along with his wife stayed overnight at their house but weren't informed about my arrival. And I could tell that they weren't really happy about it. Not that I blame them. It's completely understandable.

"Uncle what happened wasn't Archer's fault... You need to understand." Eve says.

"Evelyn, if they hadn't left you, you wouldn't have had to start from scratch and ultimately end up in the position you are in!" Celia says.

"Aunt they had their reasons... I don't blame them, though. Never did and never will. I'm full. Let's go, Archer." Eve says getting up.

Everyone is a bit taken aback her behavior except Lyra and Mark, "Okay Evie, remember no stressing out." Mark says coolly.

She nods and grabbing my hand she's out before anyone can say anything else, "Archer, do you mind driving to a spot I really like to stroll when I'm just feeling a lot?" Eve asks with so much emotion.

I nodded not wanting to set her off because I know she's feeling a lot so sometimes it's better to keep quiet. Leaving their home I drive as she guides me and we end going out of town to beautiful flower field joined at the edge by a stream. It looked so peaceful.

Without a word I parked knowing this is the place Eve wanted to come. Eve leaves first and follows suit. After a little while, she sits on a stone near the stream.

"Sorry, Archer... Uncle and Auntie reacted a bit more than I thought..." I cut her off, "No need to apologize, Eve... Considering what they've been through... And what you've been through its natural. If anyone should be apologizing it should be me. No, not only me also our families... We went back to the contract... We did it out of spite... But we should've been professional about it."

Eve brings her knees up to her chest and sighs, "I don't blame them... I was only trying to protect you all by rejecting you, Archer... But I never anticipated that my enemies were almost a step ahead of me."

I sigh and kneel in front of her knowing she's blaming herself for everything that went down, "Eve, Look into my eyes." I demand.

She does so and I see the sadness in her eyes, "Look what happened because I was selfish and didn't bother to think what you were going through. Your own mother was in the hospital. You were panicked and scared. I enforced my feelings on you not considering even once the feelings and emotions you were feeling. I was an asshole. And I got my rightful justice for it. I don't even know the amount of suffering you've been through. The case of your father's murder than, raising the entire restaurants back to their former glory from scratch."

She remains silent not answering me. I take her small hands in my big ones. It's like a perfect fit and the bracelet on her wrist sparkled in the sunlight making my heart thump with hope, "Eve... I want you to trust me... I know I hurt you but please give me a chance, please?"

"It's just that I'm scared, Archer... What if something happens again and you guys turn your backs to me... With Mark and Ly I know that no matter what they'll stand by me... But what about you? If the entire world is against me... Would you stand by me, Archer? And what proof do I have that whatever you say is the truth and not something else?" Eve says the words that I know she's thinking as well.

"I swear it on my life, pretty girl, it may be a bit overwhelming but this time nothing can come in my way that will make me give up on you," I say with determination.

"We'll see, Archer. Those are some big words but only time will tell. And for the time being, I think it's better we remain friends. I'm just not sure, for now. At least not until I the surgery." Eve says.

I sigh, I knew it wouldn't be easy but I won't give in no matter what, so I nod, "But that doesn't mean that I won't try to make you fall for me."

She smiles a bit, "Sure, try your best, Archer."

**********

Evelyn's POV:

I've already started college so that I can get my degree in business administration as well as marketing. It's been a week since then and yeah Archer pretty much shows up every morning to take me to college. I've tried to say no but the man is really stubborn. Every day it's him, me, Charlie and Ron. It feels nice but of course, it doesn't come without its own set of problems.

Listing on top would be that the media is constantly trying to find out the scoop on our relationship. Another thing is that they've started to create a brand new ruckus with trying to create a war between us and the Thompsons. We may have never a business run-in but nevertheless media sure loves to create unnecessary problems.

It got so worse in just 3 days that I actually had shift colleges and believe me, I wasn't looking forward to it neither was Uncle and Auntie. Mommy is kind of relieved that I go to a far more secure place with all the media headache but not us all. Why? Simple, because this happens to be the same college where all the elite socialites attend. Thankfully, Mark and Ly understood the situation and transferred here as well. But it doesn't make things easier for me.

I preferably don't want to meet up with people of the past but it seems highly inevitable since at least one of them is in all my classes. I really wonder if fate loves to torture me. Another plus point of this is that Xia Thompson's younger brother whose name I forgot many times attends here and apparently he has a crush on me! He tries his best to try to hit on me and I totally avoid him.

That's until now, "Evie! There you are! I've been looking all over for you. This weekend there's a party at my cousin's house and I want you to come with me as my date."

I don't know who the hell gave him rights to call me that, but I feign ignorance. Getting up from my spot as I was sitting in the huge garden since it's now autumn and enjoying the weather, but it seems like I won't be able to.

I turn to walk away but he captures my arm in almost hurting hold, which has me angered, "So I'll take that as a yes?"

"Let go of my arm, Thompson. I don't and won't be accompanying you to any stupid party of yours. Can't you take a hint that I don't like you?" I grit out.

His eyes darken and his grip tightens, "What does that bastard Theodore have that I don't? He even has a bitch of a daughter because of which my sis and he fell out! What do you even see in him?"

That's the last straw. Dropping my book I step on his right foot with all my might making him let me go due to the pain and I slap him so hard that falls backward, "Charlotte is an angel, if anyone is a bitch it's your sister and the bastard would be you. Your sister can't keep her legs closed even if someone told her to. You're no less, hitting on any girl you want, and if someone clearly refuses you than you try to force her. Sorry, but I don't date bastards."