Sworn Brothers

I know I'm a lousy author and not updating as promised but hopefully it will get better from now onwards! Remember to Vote + Comment = Voment.

Song Name: Bad Blood
Singer Name: Taylor Swift
Cover By: KHS, Macy Kate and Ben Kheng

Without further ado here is another chapter of Love Will Conquer!

💜HAPPY READING💜

Chapter No.36

Evelyn's POV:

They all look at me surprised. I know, and they should be. If one thing I learned working with my uncle is that no matter how good you are, you need connections with people you particularly don't exactly want to get things done with not too much trouble. Of course, I'd only work with people who think and have the same attitude as myself. It's not exactly normal for me to have such excellent skills in fighting and others that normal people don't know about.

It's not exactly normal I know the Smiths since they've never worked with uncle. They're a force to be reckoned with. The way I met them is a bit different than normal. I smile at the couple as well as Archer.

"I have a funny feeling that history's about to repeat itself." Amalie blurts out.

I raise an eyebrow at her at which she explains, "The boys never knew or imagined that I would know Brian's cousin, Rose who so happened to be the leader of Sworn Brothers. So imagine my surprise I head over to see her and see them as well. But of course, they didn't recognize me since I was in disguise." At the end she giggles while Austin shakes his head.

And I literally choke on my own spit on hearing the name Sworn Brothers. Because it so happens I am a non-pledged member by the name of Sworn Brothers by the name of Fenice, which means phoenix. They're explanation that I rose from the ashes and so deserve the name of the sacred bird.

And that's also how I met up with the Smiths and they saw potential in me more than anyone had ever sought I could have so literally took me under their wing. And the most interesting detail happens to be that the daughter of the leader of Sworn Brothers so happens to be the wife of Harold Smith.

"You look like you've seen a ghost, Evelyn dear," Amalie says a bit on guard.

"Pretty girl?" Archer asks as well.

I clear my throat, "Sorry, you guys just caught me off-guard with saying you guys have ties with Sworn Brothers. Because frankly it's quite unbelievable that you guys know the same I do..."

Now it's their turn to look astounded, "What? How?" Austin asks.

I smile, "This isn't my first time coming to Milan. I've been here several times before. And the first time I came here I ended up somehow saving the daughter of Rose. It was much unexpected. And that landed me in trouble I didn't even know existed till then... Their enemies somehow thought I was an ally, so well they made it their goal to destroy the new branch of uncle's business since it was still getting back on its feet. It didn't settle with me so I had uncle's men track down the woman I saved. Which happened to be at the Smiths at the time since they've been an ally to the Sworn Brothers since its creation and a brother not related by blood to Rose. Confronting her daughter, she was absolutely stunned by my age and the fact I could track her down just by her name she gave me. The funny thing is that Alice lied to me about her real name, and I an inkling so took a picture of her when she didn't notice. Explaining my situation to them, they understood my position. And we kind of just clicked since then so you could say that I known them for almost 9 years."

"I'd say I've known her longer, but then it would be stretching the truth." We hear a voice turning towards the door I spot Alice and Harold.

It's been months since I've seen her and automatically my reaction is running and hugging her. She's literally like a big sis for me. And we've been through hell and back together. Being a daughter of one of the most wanted people dead doesn't come easy for her. So we click in more ways than one.

"Why wasn't your reaction seeing me?" Harold huffs.

I and Alice look at each other and giggle, "That's because you stole my sis from me, so yeah, that ain't happening."

Harold smiles knowing our story, since he's kind of been there through all those episodes we both went through, so he understands my love for Alice more than anyone else, "You're lucky I share my wife with you. I don't even let Mom have that much time with her."

I roll my eyes at that one since it's kind of a thing I noticed in the families around me. The men are really possessive about their wives, which is cute but gets a bit annoying at times. Alice giggles at Harold's words, and of course, my sis finds it funny. But I am happy for them. And sometimes I think looking at them that would I be lucky someday and have someone love like Harold loves Alice and can't even think about living without her being by his side? It's a bit intoxicating but it's something I dream about.

I feel Archer pull me by his side and kisses my cheek to which I easily blush too, but his possessive arm around my waist is saying something very different, "I see you're still hung on the last time. Don't worry dude, I love Alice more than anyone. I see Evie as my little sis. Though, I do get jealous my wife makes me share my time with her Evie."

"You'd better. If you know what's better for you." Archer says with a clear threat in his voice.

I can't help the giggle that escapes me. I've never seen anyone as possessive as him and I'm starting to understand why Alice always smiles even at the fact that Harold doesn't let her out of his sight more than a certain amount of time.

We all head out for lunch since it took a lot of energy to explain everything all over again. And yup Bella and Chris were surprised as well to learn that I know the Sworn Brothers which in the future will be taken over by Alice. On the other hand, Lotte enjoys being near more than her father. And for the first I see Archer pouting since his daughter prefers me above than her Daddy. Which was the funniest scene ever.

"I'm thinking that I should learn cooking from you, Pretty girl... My daughter is completely enraptured by you. Though, I don't blame her since her Dad is the same." Archer smiles in the end.

Since we were here we went ahead and went to the amusement park, where Lotte is over the moon excited. Currently, we're just walking since the last ride on the roller coaster has me a bit dizzy and I feel a bit like throwing up. Since Lotte wanted to go again Bella and Chris took her.

Archer takes hold of my hand and we continue walking, I can't help but laugh at his words, "I seriously don't know what you saw in me, Eve... Usually when women here that I'm a father they don't come near me which is what I've wanted all along. But with you... I was afraid that you'd never be interested in me since I'm already a father."

I squeeze his hand just a bit, "I think the only reason I did start liking you Archer is that you're an amazing father. Which is something I don't see easily. Sure, you have your family that supports you but still raising a little girl like Charlotte isn't the easiest thing in the world. Unlike business deals, children aren't easy to read. They feel even the littlest of things that we as adults tend to ignore. But we can't expect the same from them. It just still surprises me the love between you and Lotte. It's almost surreal but beautiful."

Archer stops in his tracks and engulfs me in a bear hug which I try to return, "Thank you, Pretty girl, coming from you it means the world to me. I'm so glad that I left Xia after the stunt she pulled on Charlotte."

I stiffen in his arms and he sensed the change in my mood he draws back, to look into my eyes, "What do you mean the stunt Xia pulled on Lotte? I swear if she dared to hurt my princess I'll make her regret the day she was born." I say with so much hatred that I didn't know I even had.

Archer smiles and places a soft kiss on my forehead, "Don't worry Pretty girl, I and Chris got there in time and stopped her. There's a reason I hate her and it's not because she cheated on me but because she tried to slap charlotte just so because of her she never had enough time with me. From that moment onwards, I started despising women who weren't related to me and with a hatred like no other. But when you came into the picture it just felt so different and it just was meant to be."