Most Beautiful Girl

Hiya! I know I've been on a unannounced break but there's been a lot that's been happening in my life and for the first time in months I feel me, not pressured to make decisions me, not the rag-doll in others hand me, just me. And I couldn't be happier! I'll updating new chapters and also an important note today so make sure to read it, love you all!

Don't forget to Vote + Comment = Voment! Singer and song for this chapter are as follows:-

Song Name: Who Says
Singer Name: Selena Gomez

Without further ado here is another chapter of LOVE WILL CONQUER!

💜HAPPY READING💜
⚜️⚜️⚜️

Evelyn's POV:

The moment we step out of the limo we're completely surrounded by the media. After all, this would be the first time we've actually attended an event together. Archer's possessive hold tightens, to relax him I lean on him and immediately he relaxes, not his hold, but the tension I feel. He gazes into my eyes with so much love it's overwhelming, leaning down he kisses my forehead. Smiling he pulls me with him and we ignore all the questions that the media throws at us but halts when they question on him cheating on Xia.

"I want to clarify, here and now, I never dated Ms. Thompson not then and neither I intend to. As for the kiss you all throw at me, let me rectify, she threw herself at me. Not the other way around. The only girl in my life for almost 2 years ago is none other than my girlfriend, Evelyn Rain Colton. As to why we recently started dating it's our personal matter." He says with no room for argument.

We go to the main hall and yup all eyes are on us. Since Amalie and Austin left first they are already here. If I thought that Archer's possessiveness would lessen a bit I think it just increased 5 times.

Amalie and Austin smile at us whilst his brother is smirking, I really wanna punch Chris. Bella is looking at us with heart-like eyes. Seriously, its a scene out of a comic more like anime! Lotte is looking so pretty. She has a beautiful frilly white frock with pale-gold lace detailing.

She giggles seeing us and waves at us making me smile automatically, reaching them I pick her up in my arms and am immediately rewarded with her giggles, "You're looking like a princess, whose choice is this, cutie pie?"

"Granny and Auntie Ana." She smiles.

"Wow, they really know how to make you the prettiest girl!"

She shakes her head, "Evie, you're the prettiest girl here, tonight."

With that, her Dad takes her from me literally making me pout but he only chuckles pecking my cheek, "I agree with my daughter. You're the most beautiful here, Eve."

I laugh at their comments at that moment I feel a chill at my back, instantly I feel the entire family turn stiff. I don't need to turn around to know it's most definitely Archer's ex, "Greetings, Miss. Colton. I was hoping to catch you here."

Turning around I come face to face with the cold-calculated face to face with Alan Thompson, father of Xia, a businessman known to have his hands dirty; acts below the belt but as of a date no proof found.

Keeping on a poker face, I look at him bored. Instantly, Archer puts his arm around my waist, letting him know that not to mess with me or even think about it.

"I have been in contact with Ms. Alonso a few days back and am very much interested in investing in your company. Your company has a bright future. Only a fool wouldn't invest." He says, smoothly.

"Right, but you should also know that we no longer want or need investors. I, on behalf of all of us, thank you for your interest. But I'll have to decline your offer. Also, it wouldn't be wise to create troubles for us in Singapore and Turkey. We may not be taking action but it doesn't mean I'm not aware."

His cold eyes turn dark, knowing that I just outright refuse him, his eyes shift from me to Archer, "Ah, Archer. You change girls faster than I thought you would considering your father has always been loyal to your mother."

"Let me remind you, your daughter threw herself at me. I was kind enough not to let her face-first onto the ground, but I know now how much of a mistake that was." He grits out.

I can't help the giggle that escapes me, imagining, the scene, unfortunately, it doesn't settle well with the man in front of us, "Remember this, Colton. Felix may have been the one to murder Ashton. But he was hated by many. Don't blame me for what is coming for your brother and dearest Saira."

My smile is completely wiped out and he leaves us. Leaving me with questions I didn't know I had in me. Archer hugs me to him saying soothing words to calm me. But I doubt I can relax after the shit Alan told me.

"Don't worry, Pretty Girl, we'll deal with whatever they're planning together. You don't have to worry." Archer says with no-nonsense tone for which I am thankful for.

The rest of the night was comparatively better, I guess. But I really need to know why exactly was my father hated by so many people and all at once.

Reaching back to Theodores mansion I become much quieter than I usually am and it doesn't go unnoticed by the family. Going to my room, I take off the make-up and taking a quick shower change into comfy clothes. The moment I step out I see Amalie sitting on my bed waiting for me.

"Sorry, I didn't know that you'd be here... I didn't mean to make you wait, Amalie," I say honestly.

She smiles shaking her head, "Don't worry, dear, I just came. I wanted to ask you what's bothering you?"

Flopping down beside her, I sigh, "I always thought that my Dad made so many enemies because he was in the business world. But now I'm starting to have doubts about it... Alan Thompson is a man with power as they say in the underworld. For him to despise my father... It's not normal for me."

She wraps a comforting arm around my shoulders pulling me closer to her, "Sweetie, as far as I know, your father was an incredible man. This is a story your mother should be telling you. And I think I can manage that, would you want to speak to your mother?"

I simply nod, she smiles and takes Taking her iPad out, video calls Mommy, "Hey Saira. I think it's time to tell Evelyn dear how you met Ashton."

Mommy sighs on the other end, "Sweetie, I'm assuming you've had a run-in with the people I was hoping you might not have to worry about."

"Mommy, what are you talking about? It seems that you know a lot more than you let me in on."

"Not only me, your Aunt Celia and Uncle Bernard including Paolo and his wife also known about this. They have known for a very long time but we all hoped that maybe you could be kept out of it since you despise the mafia world just as much as me." She sighs.

I stiffen at her words, I have a very bad feeling that I won't like what I'm gonna know, "Before Saira you continue I'd like to add something, can I?" Amalie asks.

"Sure thing," Mommy says.

"Evelyn dear, not all the mafias in the world are bad. Some are formed to protect the innocent people from the bad people and obviously other mafias..." I cut her off, "That means you have connections to mafia-related people don't you?"

She doesn't answer me and becomes silent, "Yes, that would be correct for you to think so, Evelyn." Turning around I see its Austin accompanied by Archer, and Chris.

"My grand-father was the Don of the French Mafia and has strong allies with the Italian Mafia as well. But since he retired my father never wanted to take over so naturally, it went over to our allies but that doesn't mean we are completely uninvolved." Austin further explains.