Much Rather That She Smiles

So the song and singer for this chapter are as follows:-

Song Name: Anyone
Singer Name: Demi Lovato
Cover by: Halocene

Without further ado here is another chapter of LOVE WILL CONQUER!

HAPPY READING!
*********

Chapter No.11

Archer's POV:

Saira gasps at the info she received, Mom did as well while I looked them wide eyes, "Of course, the idiot didn't tell you. Dad was worried about something like this so he sent me and Mark here earlier than we agreed on... I know Aunt it's too much for you... But please don't mention it to Evie... She'll take unnecessary stress. She needs rest so I and Mark will take over for the time being letting her bear the least stress."

"We know Evie very well. She'll only not worry if we're here working with her. We didn't want her to take the Theodore contract but since Mr. and Mrs. Theodore were so sincere we couldn't say no... But most of the meetings will be with either of us." Mark says in his business tone.

"Come on, Mark, let's get settled in before Evie returns... Oh and Aunt Saira we're using your kitchen!" Lyra says and they both go to the rooms on the floor which I suppose are guest rooms.

We were about to leave when Evelyn returns, her eyes are red meaning she had cried, Mom really wanted to hug her but resists, "I'm sorry for being so rude... I just couldn't fathom with the notion that you all know Daddy... I just don't know. But please if possible refrain from asking me about what happened... I just don't want to involve anyone ever again." She smiles, sadly.

Was it wrong that I wanted her to use my shoulder to lean on and cry... I'd much rather see her smiling than this. For some reason, it tore me from the inside.

Mom doesn't hold back and hugs her tightly she returns it with an equal response. Dad pats her head. And she looks at him surprised, "What?" He asks.

She shakes her head, "N-Nothing the way you patted my head was exactly how Daddy used to do it."

Dad nods, Evelyn lets Mom go, "I am sorry... I really am... I hope you all can forgive me."

"You don't need to apologize, Evelyn dear, it's not easy to put your trust in people when you've been so ruthlessly been betrayed," Dad says.

She nods and then goes inside but her brother stays outside still, "I've seen sissy at her weakest. I have a photographic memory. So I remember anything I just saw once. I don't know who killed Dad but I know he was also a friend to them both just like you. So yeah that would've been her reaction... My sissy is the strongest but weakest for us. So please if you really care either stay away or stand with her no matter the case." With that, he goes inside as well.

I couldn't believe a kid just lectured us but it raises questions in my mind, friend? Just like Dad and Ashton were? It's not as simple as it seems.

Evelyn's POV:

Entering my home, I sigh thinking about the stupid scene I created out of my carelessness... Not everyone is like them... I know for sure that's why I trust Mark and Lyra. I really miss those goofballs. I hear noises I follow them only to be shocked!

"Mark... Lyra?" I ask totally spooked.

Both of them were conversing with Mommy when they turned their bodies in my direction smiling, "SURPRISE!" Both say together.