Scars, Unscathed, 3 Months Ago

Hiya, my dear readers! Yes I know I'm very lousy author for not updating, but I'm dealing with so many issues I will notify you all in a very special Author's note! Love you all my dear readers!

Song Name: Raging Against The Machine.
Singer Name: Killing In The Name Of
Cover By: F211

Chapter No.37

Archer's POV:

With Evelyn, it just feels like everything is meant to be. I can't believe I was such a fool that I almost lost the most important person to me after my daughter just due to my own cowardice. Eve makes everything fall into place. She and my mom get along so much that it kind of makes me jealous but there isn't a thing I'd change about this.

We've had to bear some harsh times but we got through a lot better than I could've thought. It's now April, yeah meaning it's been almost 6 months since our reunion. It's not been easy, with the Thompsons constantly stirring up trouble for the Coltons'. But since us, our families, as well as the Alonsos', Smiths, and Stans, stood by they weren't able to cause much harm.

But it didn't mean we didn't have our set of troubles and the  disturbing events it still haunts me at times, seeing Eve, I thank the Lord for giving us all a chance to be together. Eve is still recovering. And I'm happy to say that we've successfully ridden ourselves of the past. But it didn't mean we came out completely unscathed...

Thompson's princess got restless since none of her attempts to separate me and Eve worked. On a grand event in Venice when we announced a huge merger between us and the Coltons', she somehow got inside and involved some thugs paying them a heavy price. Thankfully, we all were prepared. But not Eve. She had absolutely no idea that something like this could happen. She got caught in the cross-fire since she didn't know our men were also in the scene she thought someone was trying to kidnap Charlotte, so she almost disabled him for life. But that was enough of an opportunity for Xia to strike, and shoot at her. Due to her inaccurate shooting, it missed my vital point and went hit my shoulder since I shouldered both of them.

She took too much stress over it and since her surgery was closely approaching everything happened in a blink of an eye...

3 months ago: On the day of the shooting

"Dad, have they made any move until now?" I ask Dad and who's currently in a meeting with Uncle Brian and Uncle Daniel.

The three men stop discussing the major collaboration for which this event is taking place, "Dad, I'm worried as well. Their main target is Evelyn. We've got Aunt Saira and Cameron covered but Evelyn is in a whole other perspective of things." Seb says coming into the study as well.

"Archer, Seb, we have an inkling that the Thompsons are acting sloppy, so there's a major chance that they might strike tonight... We need you both to be prepared. Xia has completely lost it and will most likely do anything to kill Evelyn. Even if she has to dirty her own hands."

"What she got is what she deserved," I say with disgust.

Xia tried to involve Charlotte's mother in this as well. They made fake cases and somehow acquired pictures that clearly demonstrated that Evelyn wouldn't allow Charlotte to meet her mother. It was a fruitless effort, but it had an adverse Charlotte. She became psychologically challenged. Thankfully, Eve was there for her. Which resulted in Lotte calling her mom. It was a bit of surprise for us all but Eve accepted it with a smile like none other. I honestly wonder how the hell I became such a lucky bastard. As for them, Cindy or whatever her name was ended up behind bars for physical abuse, and also now there is a restraining order against both of them. It caused a below the belt blow for the Thompsons which has caused a steady fast-paced downfall in their Empire.

All of them nod, "Still Archer, we can't risk it... Their main target as of now is Evelyn... And the last time was a narrow-escape..." Uncle Daniel says.

My hands form into a fist at the same moment we hear voices from outside, "Mom! Can we wear matching color dresses for tonight?" Lotte asks Eve.

"Hmm, I love the idea princess. Where did your Daddy go to, again? I wanted to confirm some things with him."

"Oh, Daddy went to meet grandpa. Can we match right now? Pretty please?" I know for a fact that she'll use her pouty face which no one in the house refrains from.

All of us silently chuckle at the thought, "Sure, we can. Let's go." I hear Eve say.

"Have to admit that Evelyn dear really does have a way with kids. It's almost as though, they're attracted to her. Due to which little Lotte gets possessive of her mom." Dad says and I look at him in question.

"A few days back I and Evelyn went to pick up the kids and guess what happened. She brought cookies she promised Charlotte. And the kids wanted to get to know Evelyn better, whereas, Charlotte pouted and for the first time ever threw a tantrum that she's her mother and no one else's. It was hilarious as well as a very cute scene all in all." Dad chuckles.

I stand there surprised actually stunned... That really is surprising but that means Charlotte loves Eve just as much as I do. So of course, we can't think of parting with her... Not now not ever.

**********

The event was a complete blur, everything happened so fast none of us time to even comprehend... Out nowhere Xia entered the event when we were on full-guard alert. I can only say that there was a mole in us otherwise how else was she able to get in and as predicted she didn't come empty-handed. My first priority was my daughter and girlfriend. I knew Dad could protect Mom and Chris was there for Bella.

Eve misunderstood our guard as someone on their side and without thinking almost disabled him for life. I got there in time but I saw Xia walking towards Evelyn... Without thinking I shielded the two of them. Obviously, I got shot but her aim being poor...

The last thing I remember was that Eve was crying so much that it hurt even more than the pain the bullet gave me. Which is crazy but true.

Seeing the bright light for a moment I think what happened... Then it comes back as if a truck hit me. The constant beeping noise I hear besides my head is giving me a headache but more than that I want to get up but it feels as though I've been restrained. I need to see Eve, right now! Not giving two cents about my own health and screaming pain in my right shoulder, I sit up and remove the wires.

Someone enters the room I look up to see its Mom and her eyes are red, meaning she's been crying for some time now. She looks at me and is completely surprised. She runs towards me and engulfs me in a hug, "I-I'll call the doctor... How are you feeling Archer?" She asks sniffling.

I kiss her forehead, something we all do since it somehow calms mom a bit, I shake my head, "Mom, where's Eve? I-Is she alright?" I choke on the word alright since it's too much for me.

Mom stiffens, and lets go of me, the tears that stopped start again, and at that moment Dad, Chris, and Bella enter, "Archer, Evelyn's condition, for the time being, is stabled... When you lost consciousness... You still were carrying your gun so Evelyn took it. We all were very far from your location, so she had to protect Charlotte and you by herself. Her aim was absolutely perfect and on-spot she killed 5 of the assassins and Xia... But the stress was too much for her. She'll have to have the surgery now than later otherwise her survival chances her decreasing.