~Wedding and First looks~

'And put thy trust in Allah, and enough is Allah as a disposer of affairs'

Stay safe and stay home<3
P.s. the hall above is the wedding hall

Edited.
Inaya's POV:
Ahsan was one of my university fellows and we had studied together for 5 years. But it was in the last year when he had confessed that he had feelings for me and wanted to ask for my hand from my parents. I had agreed as I was almost done with my medical and my parents were also looking for suitors.

Upon meeting his family, my parents said yes and two months later we got engaged. His family had agreed to wait for me to finish my medicine and that as soon as I was done, we could get married within a month.

We used to talk on the phone and even sometimes in university.

Tears welled in my eyes as I remembered our conversation yesterday.

Flashback:

"Are you nervous?" He asked. "A little." I replied laying on my bed. "What about you?" There was a bit silence on his side after before he finally replied. "Yeah, I am." He sighed.

"I can't wait to see you tomorrow." He muttered and a smile took over my features. "Me too." I replied smiling. After that the call ended.

.....

We were so happy, he was happy and he had wanted this then why had he done this to me? "I'm so sorry Inaya, but Ahsan's mother just showed up and told me that Ahsan ran away." My father consoled me but I was having none of it.

Tears fell out of my eyes, one after the other as I sank down onto my knees. And just one question ran in my mind. Why me? What had I done to deserve this? My mother was crying as well now, as she settled on her knees in front of me and cupped my face, making me face her. "Ammi." I croaked out.

She shook her head as she kept my head on her shoulder. "He's not worth your tears Inaya. You deserve better than him and maybe that's what Allah wants too." She cooed as she stroked my head but the tears didn't go away, none of the pain did. Instead I started crying harder.

"Ran away?" I heard my sister asking my father. "Yes, his mother says, when she walked into his room this morning, she found a note and-" I zoned out the rest of the conversation as I went into my own broken world. What were we going to do now? There was a knock on the door and my father opened it. He went outside to talk to whoever was on the other side.

All I could hear were whispers. My father peeked in and called my mother out a while later. This kept on going for a while and by now I was extremely tired. I no longer wanted to cry or do anything, I just wanted to snuggle into my bed and stay there. I didn't want to face anyone and i wanted to get out of this dress as soon as possible.