..28..

.....
Hello everyone!
So first of all yes I know I haven't updated for a long time but I have been really busy and all. I apologize for not updating:)

so as a result there will be a double update today and yes I know today is not an update day but I'll update tomorrow as well as scheduled.

Also Falling for Him has over 1.5k views which is insane because I never imagined so many people would read my book<3

If you're enjoying this story, be sure to vote, comment and share.

Xxx
......

Inaya's POV:
I don't know how long I cried in my room. By now, I was out of tears as I just stared at the ceiling numbly.

I had turned my phone off after it kept on vibrating due to the calls and messages from Mehak, Anum and Zayaan. I don't think I had the energy to talk to anyone of them.

Hadn't I been understanding enough? Hadn't I been there whenever he needed me? Even when the article about Him and Sara had been released, I had trusted him blindly, not even asking for any explaination. But what about him? Was the trust always one sided? Didn't he trust me enough to know that I would never betray him?

Then why would he accuse me like that. I should have known that everything was too good to be true. His distant behaviour, the way he had greeted me at the airport, everything screamed wrong but I had ignored them thinking that maybe I was just overthinking. How foolish was I? I chuckled humourlessly.

Sara should be happy, she got exactly what she wanted. Even after everything, he still trusted her over me. I felt my heart aching as I placed my hand on my chest, trying to massage the pain away but it was of no use. My heart was broken and nothing could fix that.

A knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts. I quickly wiped the tears away from my cheeks, and tried to fix myself up. Clearing my throat, I opened the door.

My mother gave me a concerned look as her eyes went over my face then over my clothes. "Were you crying Inaya?" She questioned and I quickly shook my head, forcing a small smile on my face. "No, I think it's just the flu." I chuckled but my mother didn't seem to believe it as she squinted her eyes.

I moved a bit, allowing her to come inside. She sat down on the bed, her eyes still intent on me making me fidget. I was always a terrible liar and my mother knew that but I couldn't tell her even if I wanted to. I know she would find out later but right now I didn't want her to be stressed.

"What are you doing here?" I changed the subject, sitting beside her and she sighed. "I was here to check if you were done with your packing."

"I'm not going back tomorrow."

My mother raised her brow at this. "Is everything alright beta? You know you can tell me." Her hand cupped my cheek and I could feel my throat clogging up as I shook my head. "Ammi, everything is fine. It's just Dania's wedding is in a week and it would be easier for me to go to her house from here." I lied.

I had always hated lying to my mother. "What about Zayaan? He just came back today, wouldn't he want his wife with him?" She prodded. As if, I scoffed internally. My mother was a sharp woman and she knew that something was wrong. "Hes ok with it. I talked with him today." I assured her and she nodded uncertainly.

"Aren't you happy that I will be staying here for longer?"

"I am, it's just I get worried about you Inaya." She confessed and I pulled my mother into a hug not just for her sake but also mine. "Ammi, I'm old and married now. You shouldn't worry about me that much." I muttered, breathing in her homely scent.

"I know beta. But I can't help it, afterall I'm a mother." She spoke stroking my hair slowly. I stayed like that for a long time when she finally pulled back standing up. "Dinner is ready, come down." I nodded and she left.

I sighed as I stared at the now closed door. I had so badly wanted to tell my mother everything but it wouldn't be fair to her. She was already worried enough and this news would only make her more stressed out. I could feel fresh pair of tears brewing in my eyes and I shook my head.

After wiping them away, I fixed my appearance a bit, before walking downstairs.
.....

It had been 2 days since the incident and Zayaan had called me multiple times but each time it would go into missed calls. Dania's wedding was even closer now so everyone was in a frenzy, with the last minute decorations and shopping.

I was sitting on my bed, lost in thoughts when Kanwal entered the room. "What's wrong Inaya? And don't give me the lame excuse of nothing because I very well know it's not true. Ever since you came back after meeting Zayaan bhai, you seem to be lost in thoughts and even cry yourself to sleep at night. Neither has Zayaan bhai visited you once and neither have I seen you talking to him."

She sat down infront of me and I couldn't keep it in anymore as I broke down. "Tell me Inaya." She placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. And that was all I needed before I told her everything from the distant calls to our fight. By the end of my story, tears trailed down my cheeks as Kanwal stroked my back.

"I don't know what to do anymore Kanwal."

She sighed as she thought about it. "Did you explain him about everything?" I shook my head. "I shouldn't need to. He should trust me enough to know that I would never cheat on him."

"I really don't know what to say Inaya. Every marriage has its ups and down and from what you're telling me, you both have too many secrets in between and you guys need to talk this out."

"I don't think I have the willpower to face him. Even though I question myself if it was the right thing to leave him." I muttered. "You did what any girl would do in this situation. You shouldn't blame yourself. And what I would say now is that just go with the flow. You both are too heated up to talk so just let things go the way they are going and everything will happen for the best." She gave me a small smile and I listened to her intently.

I had never thought that I would be taking marriage advice from my sister one day but I guess there's a first time for everything. "You're giving me a wierd look." Shw pointed out and I chuckled lightly shaking my head. "Its just, I didn't realize you were this sensible."

She laughed out and winked. "Well it's a hidden talent of mine."

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry, everything will be fine." She muttered and somehow those words gave me hope.
.....
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Also any idea about what is happening? What do you think about Zayaan? And Inaya's reaction? I'd love to know what you think.

Also before I finish this update, I just want to say this to you all, it's basically an awareness thing. There's alot of stuff happening in world right now, from concentration camps against Muslims in China to the people suffering in Palestine. And there's much much more that we dont even know about. So what we should try to do is help as much as we can from our homes, by sharing the posts, donating or just by simply signing the petitions.

You have no idea how much you one signature or donation can help. We are blessed to be sitting in our homes with a roof on our head and food to eat. What we dont realize is the extent of other people's suffering, those people who are being forced to convert from being a muslim and getting tortured everyday. Thos people that dont have food to feed themselves even once and those people who are getting maltreatment just because of their difference in colour. I havent even mentioned half of the stuff.

But yeah my point is, that we can help them, even if it's a tiny bit, it's still alot. The smallest change can help save thousands of people:)

So that's basically my mini awareness post.

Love ya all<3