..31..

.....
Hello people!
*sighs* So hear me out. Yes I know I havent updated since more than a week but in my defence I had been out of the city and there was no internet so I couldnt update anything for which I apologize:)

But anyways, I'll try my best to follow the update schedule as best as I can from now on, I'm not going to make any promises because my exams and results are coming up so I'll be very busy. But yeah.

Hope ya all enjoy this chapter and be sure to vote, comment and share:)

P.s. Inayas dress above
.....

Inaya's POV:
I was about to go upstairs when my mothers voice stopped me. Why did I have a bad feeling about this? Zayaan and his family had just left and I was ready to cry myself to sleep.

After Zayaan had left, I had splashed some water onto my face to hide the tears and came downstairs. Rabia mama had hugged me saying that she wanted me to come as soon as possible while Ruby and Mehak had whispered in my ear, that they wanted to see Me and Zayaan happy again.

Zayaan had left silently after giving me a lingering look.

I entered my mothers room to find her sitting on her bed. "Yes Ammi?" I asked and she patted the space infront of her. I cautiously walked and sat down. "What's wrong beta?" She asked in a soft voice as I stared at my hands. "I know something happened between you and Zayaan. I saw the way you both were acting at dinner and even during the whole night."

I sighed as I looked at my mother with sad eyes. "You can tell me anything, I'm your mother." A sob broke out of me as I hugged my mother. "W-we fought." I muttered and she stroked my hair.

"Beta this is how marriages are. You arent always happy, sometimes fights happen but you cant just let them go on."

"I don't know how to fix everything." I confessed and she sighed. "Try by talking it out. Listen to what he has to say then make your decision." I nodded and placed my head on her lap as I gave her a small smile

"You are my eldest daughter and I'm always worried about you the most. I want you to be always happy." She smiled down at me. I felt my heart lighten up a bit, even though I hadn't told my mother the whole thing but I felt better knowing my mother was with me.

I didnt realize when i fell asleep against her lap.
.....
It was the wedding day and I was very excited. I had arrived at the parlor with Dania and right now she was getting all dolled up while I decided to get ready on my own.

I dressed into my golden anarkali dress, my fingers lightly brushing against the material. The dress was beautiful with heavy embroidery and jewels adorned all over it.  After getting into the dress, I moved to my makeup. I applied a mixture of brown, gold and beige onto my lids and lined my eyes with liner and kohl making them look bigger

Coating my thick lashes with mascara, I dusted some blush and highlight onto my cheekbones and nose. Finally I tinted my lips in a maroon colour and paired my dress with some golden jewellery and 4 inch heels.

After getting ready, I walked towards where Dania was getting ready. "How much longer?" I heard her ask the beautician and I chuckled. "Well someone is very impatient. I remember you said on my wedding day that you would be a very patient one." I teased her and she rolled her eyes.

"All the brushing and rubbing is making me itch everywhere."

I laughed at this while she threw a glare at me. "In my opinion, you look beautiful." I commented and she really did. Dressed in a dark red dress that complimented her skin tone, her look was completed by heavy makeup that seemed to make her features more prominent.

 Dressed in a dark red dress that complimented her skin tone, her look was completed by heavy makeup that seemed to make her features more prominent

"I just want to be done with this." The beautician rolled her eyes as she tinted Danias lips with a dark red colour. "Can you please stop talking?" The beautician asked, irritated. I snickered into my hand while Dania looked like ready to murder me.

Few minutes later, the beautician finally moved away, a satisfied smile on her face. "Finally." Dania breathed out as I turned her towards the mirror. Her eyes widened as they trailed over her face. "I told you." I stated and she whispered. "Wow."

She finally turned towards me and looked at my dress and makeup. "Well dont you look stunning? I'm sure Zayaan bhai is going to lose his mind today." She laughed and I could feel the pain in my heart at Zayaans name. I quickly hid it as I have her a smile.

"Let me help you with the dupatta then we need to get going."

.....

I roamed around the hall greeting people on the way. My eyes went to the bride and the groom on the stage who were now busy in taking the pictures. Images from our wedding day flashed through my mind as a sad smile took over my features.

"That reminds you of our wedding doesnt it?" A deep voice commented from behind me and I gasped turning around only to come face to face with my handsome husband. Amusement flashed through his eyes as his gaze raked over my form in an appreciative manner, making me uncomfortable.

I took the time to observe him. Dressed in a kurta and shalwar, he looked even more handsome. His hair was neatly swept to the side and his scent surrounded me. "You look beautiful." He commented, his dark gaze intent on mine.

I crossed my arms against my chest as I regarded him coolly. "Why are you here?"

"I'm here to see my wife." He remarked and I could feel the irritation build up inside me. "If you're here to poke fun on me, then go away."

"I wasnt- you know what nevermind." He muttered, irritated. He stood beside me silently, staring at the stage as he got lost in his own thoughts. I felt guilty for snapping at him but I couldnt help it. Everything he did, it annoyed me. It felt as if all that hurt had now turned into rage.

"I think we should talk." Before I could say anything, he added. "I'll answer all your questions. I'll even tell you about my past." He whispered the last part, as if it pained him to say it. "After that, you can hate me all you want and I won't mind it."

I thought about it as my mothers words rang through my mind, to give him a chance. I sighed before nodding. "Fine, let's talk then."

He passed his hand through his hair, messing it up and I had the urge to touch it but I held back. "Not here." He stated and before I could say anything, he grabbed my arm and started pulling me towards the exit. Sighing in defeat, I had no choice but to follow him. Afterall, the last thing I wanted was people talking about us.

He stopped infront of his car and opened the passenger seat door. "Get in." He nodded and I just stared at him with my arms folded against my chest. "Please." He requested and I sighed, getting in. He closed the door and rounded over to the drivers seat.

"Where are we going?" I questioned as he started the car. My gaze went back to the hall and I could feel guilt bubbling inside me for leaving my best friends wedding like this. "You'll see." That's all he said before driving away.
.....
Any guesses on what might happen next? Will Inaya forgive Zayaan after hearing him out? Find out in the next chapter.

Hope ya all are doing well, Also PRAY FOR LEBANON. I was very saddened after hearing what happened there yesterday. Now it's our duty to help as much as we can, so donate and do everything YOU can. May Allah protect them and help them all. Ameen.

Until then,
Peace<3