~Talks and Business trips~

.....
Hey lovelies!
Its tuesday! Which means another update, yay! So this chapter is kind of a filler chapter I guess? I don't know, but yeah, I wont say that the story is coming to an end because theres alot of stuff that's going to be happening. *gives out an evil laugh*

But anyways, best sure to vote, comment and share if you're enjoying the story and now let's get on with the chapter.

Xxx
.....

Inaya's POV:
Time passed by, days turned into weeks and weeks into months. Two months flew by, and we had slowly accustomed to our routines. I was loving my new job as I finally had something to do other than stare at these same boring walls. Today was the last day of the week and so I was pretty excited for the weekend. This week had been pretty tiring as we had way more patients than we normally had.

I sighed triedly as I slumped onto the bed without changing and closed my eyes for a few moments. I frowned when I heard the door of the room opening. It was still early for Zayaan to be home, so who could it be. The familiar cologne surrounded me, and I relaxed a bit.

"Tired?" Zayaan chuckled as I felt the bed dipping beside me. I nodded as I muttered. "I don't understand how children end up getting sick and hurt all the time." I groaned.

I peeked from one eye to see his reaction only to find an amused one there. "You want to find out?" He whispered. As soon as the meaning settled in, I gasped, placing my hands on my face. "You're horrible." I muttered and peeked from between my fingers.

I found him shaking from laughter as he stared at me with unknown emotions in those dark eyes. It was his eyes that always seemed to pull me in. They were warm yet mysterious, filled with secrets I knew not of. "My offer still stands, wife." He muttered darkly, and a blush coated my cheeks as I diverted my gaze.

He laid down beside me, both our legs hanging as we lay in silence, lost in our own worlds. I turned towards the man beside me and gazed at him from under my lashes. I took in his handsome features. There was no doubt that this man was handsome, and the double takes from girls was an example of it.

From his silky dark hair to his straight nose. The stubble added a more rough look to him. Sometimes, it felt like I was in a dream, a dream from which I would wake up at any moment, and that made me afraid.

At that time, when I was left by Ahsan, I thought that my world had crashed but at that dark time, he came in like a light and pulled me out of the darkness, giving me a hand of support and saving me and my family from utter humiliation. To this day, I never really understood why he did what he did. Why would he agree to marry someone who had been left by her to be husband?

He turned his head towards me, his dark gaze assessing as a small smile graced his lips, making one form automatically on my lips. One of his hands made its way onto my face as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Zayaan?" I muttered, and he hummed in response, his dark eyes averting towards mine in question. "Why did you marry me?" I questioned out, and he stiffened as he took in a sharp breath. I noticed as his eyes suddenly had a farway look, but then he shook his head. "Why not?" He muttered, smiling. I noticed how he changed the subject.

"Who wouldn't want to marry such a beautiful woman?" He muttered as his hand slowly massaged my head. It was like he was lost in his own world as he gazed at me, as if I was the most beautiful thing in the world. "Ahsan." The words were out before I could stop myself, and I felt the man beside me freezing, a pained expression taking over his eyes, and I immediately regretted my words.

"I-im sorry, I didn't mean that." I whispered as I stared down at my hands. "Do you miss him?" He spoke through clenched teeth. My eyes immediately snapped towards his, seeing an emotionless look in them as I shook my head and placed a reassuring hand on his arm. "I'm happy here, Zayaan, and I'm glad to be a part of your life."

He seemed surprised by my answer before his eyes warmed up, and he pulled me close, making me yelp, his arm wrapped around my waist possessively while he placed his face in the crook of my neck. I relaxed in his hold as I placed my fingers in his hair, and he groaned. "You'll be the downfall of me, woman." He muttered, and I could feel my face heating up.

We stayed like that for a few minutes when Zayaan finally spoke out. "I'm leaving." He muttered, and I suddenly sat up.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"I have to go for a business trip."

"How long?" I whispered. Just the thought of being alone here, without him, had my heart aching. "Don't look at me like that." He whispered with a pained expression as his hand cupped my cheek.

"A week." He replied, and tears gathered in my eyes.

A week. A week without him. "Inaya, love, please don't cry." He muttered as he pulled me in. I wiped my tears away as I tried to make myself strong. "Heck, if you'd ask me to stay, I'd stay, just don't cry." He muttered, stroking my head, and I sniffed as I shook my head and pulled back a bit.

"No, you should go. I'm just a bit emotional, but I'll be fine. I understand it's your work." I gave him a small smile which he didn't believe as his thumb lightly stroked against my cheek, and I leaned into his touch. "Now, my emotional wife, i really need to get going." He chuckled, and I nodded.

He packed a small bag with which I helped. It consisted mostly of suits and his other necessities. His phone rang, and he walked out talking on it. I completed his packing and zipped up the bag.

He finally returned and pulled the suitcase up. "Shehryar's here, so I need to get going." He stated, and I nodded, my eyes tearing up. "Don't cry, love. I'll be back before you know it." He muttered as he placed a lingering kiss on my forehead. "I know." I gave him a sad smile as we walked together to the main gate.

Giving me one last glance, he settled into the car. I kept on staring at the car until I could no longer see it. "He's gone, dear." Haleema's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "I know." I sighed as I smiled at the petite woman and followed her inside. "You're still here?" I questioned, and she nodded as she sat down beside me.

"I knew you would be lonely, so I decided to stay." She smiled at me, and my heart warmed up. Suddenly I missed my parents a lot, Haleema reminded me so much of my mother.

When I was young and my father had to go abroad for business trips, I used to cry a lot. For some reason, the thought of a person leaving me, even for a few days, really made me sad. My brain used to come up with weird thoughts such as what if my father would never return, and that in turn made me cry.

As a result, my mother used to stay with me in my room overnight, distracting me with different activities and making sure I wouldn't cry. "What about your family?" I asked, I felt bad for her having to stay because of me. She smiled as she shook her head.

"I'm sure they could go a few hours without me. Besides, you are my daughter too." She looked at me lovingly, and I couldn't help but wrap my arms around her.

She chuckled as she hugged me back. "Now, I'll be going and preparing dinner. You should get refreshed." She stated, and I nodded against her shoulder. "I'll help you." I added. She nodded and got up as she made her way to the kitchen while I went back to my room.

Immediately, I was hit by Zayaan's lingering scent, and my heart ached as I was hit by a new wave of loneliness, but this was a different kind of one. I hadn't even realised when I had gotten so used to having him around that it just felt incomplete being here. I sighed as I went to the bathroom and refreshed myself.
.....
Well looks like Zayaan just left. Do you think something might happen during the week? Or everything will go smoothly? Hmm let's see.

Find out in the next chapter:)

Until then, stay safe ya all
And peace:)