..25..

.....
Hey everyone!
So as promised here is the second update:)

Hope you all enjoy it, be sure to vote an comment<3

Xxx
.....

Inaya's POV:
I took a deep breath as I closed the door behind me. The room was just as I remembered it. There was a small smile in my face as memories of our wedding night flashed through my brain. That memory felt so long ago, it felt as if I was a complete different person now.

Who would have thought I would fall for him? How he managed to make his way to my heart, i never realized but i wouldn't change it for anything. I walked to the bed and sat down, lightly brushing my fingers against it. His scent still lingered around, making a warm feeling settle in my heart.

I decided to explore around a bit, looking through the cupboards and drawers. There was one drawer that caught my attention in particular but it was locked. After finding tte key, I unlocked it. The first thing that caught my attention were the pictures.

A giggle bubbled out of me as I pulled the photos out. It was from when Zayaan was a baby. He was dressed in a checkered shirt and black Jeans as he frowned at the camera. His dark eyes were wide and he was sitting on the floor.

Laughing, I went onto the next picture. It was from a bit older. He had a dazzling smile on his face and his hands were in his pockets as he looked at something in the distance. It seemed that my husband was as much as good looking when he way young too.

I kept on going through the photos and frowned when I found none from his late teens. Shaking my head, I felt my hands going cold as I stared at photos from his engagement. He was dressed in a dark grey suit and beside him was the green eyed girl. I think her name was Sara.

She had a bright smile on her face and her hands were wrapped around his arm. She stared at Zayaan lovingly with her striking green eyes and I felt something burning in my heart. My gaze then drifted to Zayaan who looked as cold as ice. His emotionless mask was on as he stared at the camera directly, as if this was the last place he'd rather be.

I went through the next few pictures which were also from his engagement. Not wanting to see them anymore, I collected the pictures and decided to keep them back. An envelope caught my attention further inside.

Curiosity got the best of me as I pulled it out. I gasped upon looking at the pictures inside. They were from our wedding day. The first one was from the moment when I had placed my hand in his. I was staring at the floor while his dark gaze was settled on me.

The next picture made my face heat up. It was from the moment when I saw him for the first time. My eyes were wide as saucers and and there was a hint of blush on my cheeks. His arm was around my waist and his eyes held an amused expression and something else. Affection? No that can't be, he didn't even know me.

Shaking my head I went through all of them. There was one from when Zayaan had whispered in my ear then there was one from when I was staring behind him. There were also some with his family and mine. A smile formed on my face at all the pictures. But why had Zayaan kept them here? I was about to keep them when one photo fell out.

Confusion laced my features as I picked it up. From the looks of it, it looked like from when Zayaan was probably twenty or twenty one. Zayaan was dressed in all black and there was something different about him that I couldn't point out. He looked distant and cold, I don't know how to describe it.

I then stared at the man beside him. I frowned when I didn't recognize him. The guy had black hair and brown eyes and you could see a hint of smirk on his face. I immediately didn't like him, there was just this vibe about him.

I kept the photos back in the envelope decided to keep them with me. I'm going to ask Zayaan about this. After locking the drawer again, I made my way to the dining room.

......

We were having dinner when the doorbell rang. Everyone looked at each other confused. "I'll check who it is." Mehak stood up. 5 minutes passed by and we heard nothing. Zayaan's father was about to get up when everyone froze. I turned around and felt my eyes widening.

Infront of me stood Sara. She was even more beautiful in person. Dressed in a tank top and blue Jeans, her black hair cascaded down her back. Her green eyes were filled with amusement as she smiled. "Assalamualikum." She chirped. I could feel the atmosphere becoming tense as everyone stared at her in silence.

"Sara?" It was Rabia Ammi who broke the silence. "How are you phuppo?" She went and hugged Ammi. "What are you doing here?" Zayaan's father finally gritted out. I was surprised at his cold attitude. Either she didnt notice the ice in his voice or she decided to ignore it. "I heard about Zayaan's marriage and I was very curious about the woman who managed to catch his heart." She explained.

Her eyes scanned around before landing on me. "You must be Inaya. I'm Sara." She smiled. "Nice to meet you." For some reason, I was uncertain about her. I smiled at her hesitantly and she pulled me into a hug.

"Now that you're here, have dinner with us." Ammi broke the tense atmosphere. "I would love to." She took a seat across me and I eyed her uncertainly. She chatted with everyone animatedly while I just played with my food. "So Inaya, tell me what do you do?"

"I'm a pediatrician."

She nodded her head as her perfectly manicured nails pushed a strand away from her face. "That's nice. How did you and Zayaan meet?" I gulped as I thought of an answer. From the smirk on her face I could tell she already knew but she was just pushing my buttons.

"Sara how is Adam?" Mama changed the subject. "We broke up." She shrugged nonchalantly then turned back towards me. "I'm sure Zayaan would have told you about me." I nodded, not sure on what she was trying to get on

"Then you must also know that I'm his ex-fiance?"

I gritted my teeth as I nodded my head. I don't know how longer I could hold back on my anger. I could feel my nails digging into my palm. "Then you must also know about-"

"Inaya when is Zayaan coming back?" Zayaan's father broke in. "Probably in the next two weeks." I was glad for the distraction. The rest of the dinner passed in Sara telling about her experiences while I just listened silently.

....

"Why don't you stay over for today beta?" Zayaan's mother spoke and I gave her an apologetic look. "I would love to but I don't have my clothes and Ammi Abbu might be waiting for me too."

She gave me a look of understanding as she pulled me in a hug. "As you wish beta."

"Do visit us again and next time you have to stay with us."

After saying goodbye to everyone, I finally left for home.
.....
Thoughts on Sara? I personally do not like her. What do you think shes upto?

Find out in the upcoming chapters:)
Love ya all<3