~Misconceptions and Apologies~

'And he is with you wherever you are'

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to Kukuking for supporting me on my story

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to Kukuking for supporting me on my story. Do check out her story, you guys will love it<3

Edited.
Inaya's POV:
I gave him a confident look and raised my chin as I stated. "I'm not going anywhere with you." He casually leaned against the wall and folded his arms across his chest. "And why not?"

"Because I don't want to!" I stated exasperated. "Its your job, so you can go, I want to stay here with my family. It's your work so its only fair that you go." I shrugged. I watched as his eyes got darker while trying to maintain a calm exterior. "You are my wife and you will go with me." He stated more like ordered.

"Look Ahsan, this marriage was an unexpected marriage for both of us. And I know that you don't want to live with me as much I don't want to either. So why don't we just cooperate with each other?"

His expression turned hard as he straightened up and I realized what I had done. I had just called him Ahsan. He slowly walked towards me making me gulp and move back. I didn't realize when or how, but I ended up against a wall. "What did you just call me?" He gritted out and I sealed my lips.

Way to go Inaya, you somehow managed to make him angry due to your stupidity. "I-" I tried getting the words out but before I could he placed his arms against the wall and leaned in. I could feel his warm breath on my face as I looked around for an escape. "What is my name?" He asked in a cold voice.

I just stared at him with a dumb expression as my mind tried to register what he just asked. Speak Inaya speak. "What is my name Inaya?" He spoke stressing out. "Zayaan." I whispered and he closed his eyes taking a deep breath. "Then why did you just call me Ahsan?" He asked in a low voice.

"It was a mistake." I replied in a broken voice. My throat was getting clogged up and all the stress was finally coming out. I just wanted to break down right now and cry. "And as for this marriage, it doesn't matter wether you want it or not. You are my wife now and I will not be leaving you behind. So get this in that thick head of yours. You. Are. Coming. With. Me." He stated with finality in his voice. With that said, he left the room.

A tear dropped out of my eye followed by the others. I slumped onto the floor as tears fell freely now. I knew it was my fault this time. He had been so nice to me throughout the time and I just had to mess it up by calling him another man's name.

I wiped my tears away as I got up. It didn't matter anymore, what's done was done and there was no use crying over spilt milk, now I was going to my parent's house so I should be happy.

That thought brought a smile to my face and I got busy in getting ready. I was almost ready when the door opened and Zayaan walked in. He silently walked to the bathroom not even sparing a glance my way.

Throughout the time he got ready, he didn't say a word to me which made me feel even more guilty. Before I could say anything he left the room again. I quietly wrapped my hijab then followed him to his car.

We drove in silence and when I couldn't take it anymore I finally spoke up. "I'm sorry." I muttered looking at my hands. I felt him taking a deep breath and I looked at him from the corner of eye only to find him gripping the steering wheel tightly. He didn't say anything for the rest of the drive as he drove silently and I just stared outside.

"Its fine." He stated finally, stopping infront of my house. I looked towards him only to find him looking at me. A question had been bothering me for a while which I had wanted to ask. "What is it?"

"Huh?"

"You look troubled." He pointed at my expression. "I- what do you do exactly?" I frowned. At this he chuckled and I looked at him even more confused. "I was wondering when you were going to ask that." He replied and my mouth formed an o.

"I am a businessman. I run my own company." He stated proudly and my eyes literally bulged out of their sockets. A business man? No wonder he was so rich. "You seem..surprised." he frowned. "Uh yeah, what business do you do?" I prodded further.

"I would tell you but you'll probably get bored." He replied, his eyes crinkling with amusement. I gave him a small smile. He was right. This was the first civilised conversation we ever had and I didn't want to ruin it but I also wanted to know.

"Why can't I stay here?" I muttered and he sighed. "We already had this discussion Inaya." He scolded me like a child making me pout. "I just, don't want to go." I gazed at my house. The thought of being so far away from my family scared me.

I was scared of the loneliness but I was also nervous of the idea of living with him. Here, there was his family, over there it would be just me and him. And he would leave too for his company and I would be alone.

"Inaya, do you not want to live with me?" I looked at him and I could see the fear in his eyes. As if he was scared I would say no. "It's not that, I'm scared." I admitted peeking from under my lashes. His expression relaxed and a look of understanding crossed his face. "Don't worry, I'll be there with you."

I nodded my head then got out of the car. I guess I really had no choice. We walked to the door and rung the bell. 5 minutes later, the door opened and I nearly fainted at the sight.

There stood the person whom I least expected to face. Anger immediately replaced all the shock as I glared at the person infront of me. What was he doing here? Beside me I felt Zayaan stiffening as he placed a protective hand around my waist pulling me towards him a little, as if marking his territory.

Ahsan noticed the act but didn't say anything as he stood there with a guilty expression on his face. I finally built up the courage and asked that one question I had asked myself a thousand times.

"Why?"
......

Dun dun dun. A cliffhanger? Hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Any idea why Ahsan is here?
Vote and comment if you're enjoying this book:)
Love ya all<3