~Teasings and Marks~

'And has made His bounties flow to you in exceeding measure, (Both) seen and unseen.'

I can't believe we are almost about to reach 700 reads! Thank you Xx

Edited.
Inaya's POV:
I was woken up by a pat on my cheek. A frown took over my features as I frowned and stared at Zayaan's looming face. "What time is it?" I croaked out stretching my limbs. There was an amused expression on his face as he replied, his dark eyes trained on my face. "Its 7pm."

"I slept for two hours?" I exclaimed getting up quickly. Maybe a bit too quickly as the blood rushed out of my head and I stumbled, but Zayaan caught me in time. "Thanks." I muttered and he released me after making sure I wouldn't fall.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I inquired . He just shrugged and went over to pick his coat up from the back of the chair. "You looked too peaceful and I didn't want to disturb you." He said walking to the door.

He opened the door and allowed me to leave first then followed behind me. "You should've woken me up. What did you do the whole time?" We waited for the elevator. By now the rest of the office was empty and we were one of the few people remaining. "I completed my work." He stated and I rolled my eyes at his obvious answer.

Workaholic much, but I didn't say that loud as I didn't want offend him. We entered the elevator and he pressed the basement button. The elevator dinged and we got out into the basement. Zayaan's car was the first one in the lane. Perks of being a boss. He opened the door for me and I gave him a small smile and sat down.

After closing my door, he made his way to the driver's seat. "And they say chivalry is dead." I teased him and he chuckled buckling his seat belt. "Who says that?" He inquired keeping his attention on driving. "I don't know, i just read it somewhere." I shrugged staring outside. During my drive to the office, I was too nervous to take in my surroundings but now that we were returning I tried my best to memorize the area in case I wanted to come again.

"Do you really think you'll be able to memorize the area so easily?" Zayaan's deep voice pulled me out and I gave him a surprised look. "How did you know that I was trying to memorize the area?" I turned my full attention towards him and raised my brow. His lips curved into a small smile as he gave me a quick glance before focusing his gaze back on the road.

"The way your eyes were skimming over the shops and signs and not to mention the frown on you face." He stated as if it was the most obvious thing while I just gaped at him. Even while driving, he could read me so easily and the smug look on his face told me he knew exactly what I was thinking.

"Hey, what did you say to Lily?" I remembered the distinct conversation I could hear between him and Lily. "Nothing for you to worry about." He stated and I pouted. "I want to know." I insisted and he just sighed and shook his head. This was one of his traits that annoyed me the most. He was stubborn and once his mind was made, noone could convince him. And then he calls me stubborn.

I huffed and glared outside the window.
"Are you angry?" He chuckled. "No." I retorted.

"Fine." He sighed. "I just warned her that if she misbehaved with you ever again, then I'll fire her." He replied and I looked at him wide eyed but inside I was jumping with glee. She deserved it.

"You dont need to look so surprised, I know you're happy." He stated giving me a smirk and I held myself from smacking his face. I had no idea since when did I get so violent but he very well knew how to bring out that side of me. "Why would I be happy?" I muttered turning my gaze outside.

"Wasn't it my wife who was jealous just hours ago or do I need to give a reminder of what happened?" He stated smugly and I blushed at the memory of the events that took place. The rest of the drive passed in silence with me staring out.

By the time we reached home, Haleema was already gone so we retired directly to our room. I headed straight to the bathroom and changed. I breathed a sigh of relief and left my hair open.

Walking out, I saw Zayaan talking with his parents. He indicated me to come and sit beside him and I padded over to him. I sat down beside him as he put the phone on speaker. "-taking care of her and treating her nicely." His mother's voice surrounded us and I held back the laughter wanting to bubble out.

Zayaan rolled his eyes as he answered. "Yes maa, I am. Here you can ask her yourself." He indicated for me to take the phone and I took it from his hand. "Assalamualikum au- I mean Mama." I greeted her with a smile and she replied with a Walaikum. "Inaya you tell me, is Zayaan taking good care of you?" She asked and Zayaan raised his brow in question. An evil idea popped into my head as I gave him a smirk.

"No Ammi he doesn't, he's always working and he scolds me alot." I muttered with an innocent look on my face. Zayaan's eyes widened in fear as he took the phone quickly from my hand. "No maa, she's lying I don't-" but she cut him off with her scolding.

"You young man are in a lot of trouble." I snickered into my hand while Zayaan was shooting glares at me promising revenge. He closed the speaker and talked for another 10 minutes before he cut the call and turned towards me.

Noticing the look on his face, I squealed and jumped off the bed. Before I could run out of the door, he had already closed it and locked it preventing any means of escape. "Uh-why don't we talk about this like civilised people?" I suggested but one look from him told me he wasn't having it.

I ran around the room as Zayaan chased me. Before I could crawl my way to the other side of the bed, he caught my ankle and dragged me back. He then got over me and kept his weight on his forearms in order to not let his weight crush me.

I tried wiggling free but one look from him made me freeze. "You were saying?" He spoke in a husky voice as he looked down on me. Upon close, I could see the black outline of his brown eyes. "I was joking?" I gave him a smile but he just smirked evilly making me gulp.

"You know, I had to listen to my mother's scolding for a whole 10 minutes. And you know what, once she starts, she doesn't stop and it took a lot of convincing on my part only to tell her that my wife was 'joking'." He gave me a pointed glare and I just blinked indecently.

"You do realize that look doesn't work on me." His dark eyes stared into mine as he leaned in and placed his lips on my neck. I had to stop myself from moaning out loud as he continued kissing my neck. I yelped when I felt a bite on my neck. "I-im sorry" I replied breathless.

"You want to finish what we started in my office?" He had a suggestive look on his face and a gasp left my mouth. He chuckled at the horrified look on my face and left a quick peck on my lips, heading to the bathroom and leaving me a flustered mess. I got off the bed and took a deep breath before looking in the mirror.

My face was flushed and my eyes slowly landed on the mark on my neck. I gasped at the hickey on my neck that stared back at me proudly. "Zayaan!" I shouted and I heard laughter from the bathroom.
.......
I really hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I really don't have any further questions to ask so just let me know what you think happens next?

Vote and comment if you're enjoying this book:)

Love ya all<3