..36..

......
Hello hello!
Yup here's the second update as I promised. It isnt as long as the first one but its better than nothing right?

Well I hope ya all enjoy this and be sure to vote, comment and share. Also thank you all for almost 3k reads, it's insane how people are actually reading this book. I had never imagined it teaching 1k reads so like 3k is just... I love ya all <3
Xxx
......

Inaya's POV:
Two weeks passed by and by now Zayaan was almost recovered. There was only a scar at the wounds place and Zayaan was able to walk properly too. Getting better also meant that he had started working again.

According to him, these few weeks of missing work was equal to months work and he couldn't afford to lose more. I hadn't argued on it because I knew that he had only taken 2 weeks off from his work which had changed into almost a month and a half.

Our wedding anniversary was also approaching and I was very excited for it. I couldn't believe it had been almost a year since we has been married. During this year, we had been through many ups and downs but we had somehow made it and that made me very happy.

One evening, we were sitting in our room, Zayaan working on his laptop while me drinking ny coffee when I decided to ask the question that had been bothering me. "Zayaan?"

He hummed in response, glancing quickly in my direction. "Can I ask you something?" Noting the seriousness in my voice, he turned his attention towards me. "Why did he take revenge on you after all these years? Why not earlier?" Understanding my question, Zayaan closed the laptop and fully turned towards me.

"Did I tell you how Sarah and my engagement broke?" I shook my head in a no but i had some idea. He nodded then started. "When me and Sarah got engaged, it was a compulsion to me, something I thought I had to do in order to make everyone happy. But to Sarah, it was out of her choice. She had wanted it.'

"We weren't like the normal engaged couples but she wanted us to be. She would find excuses to try and spend time with me while I would just find excuses to make myself more indulged in work. I guess in the end it was kind of my fault too. A year later, we were invited this business party and after alot of insisting from my mother, I took her with me."

"There after a whole of two years, I met Adam again. It was a surprise for me to see him there because out of all the places  in the world that was the last place I had thought I'd see him. Even though me and him barely talked, during the night I'd see him and Sarah talking and laughing but I would just shrug it off."

"After that party, Sarah started visiting us less and less. I didn't really pay attention that much because for me it was a good thing but my mother noticed it. And then one day it happened. I was walking out of a coffee shop when I saw both of them at a restaurant." I gasped.

"I called her and asked her where she was and do you know what she said? She didnt even deny it. Said that I didn't deserve her because I never gave her time and so she was leaving me for Adam."

"And the worst part of it was that she knew. She knew that he was the reason for everything that had happened to me but she still went to him. That was it, that night she returned the engagement ring and we were officially over."

"How is this all related to him taking revenge?" I thought out and he sighed. "What I think is, at that time when Sarah left me for him, in a way he thought he took revenge on me by taking someone I 'loved' from me and hurting me. But what he didn't know was that I had never really loved her in the first place."

"I guess sometime later, he might have realized that and that's why he wanted to take a proper revenge on me. That was also probably the reason why Sarah and Adam broke up. He never really liked her, he was just using her to hurt me." I nodded slowly. I guess that actually made sense.

"But at the end of all this, I'm happy that it's over now. And that you can finally move on with your life without being stuck in the past." I smiled placing a hand on his cheek. He nodded. "I know and I couldn't have done it without you. But at the same time, I'm sorry you had to go through all that because of me. I realized it late but I should've probably told you all this before." I shook my head at his apology.

"You should've but it doesn't matter now. What matters is that we are together." He smiled a dimpled smile at me, his eyes crinkling at the corner.

"Come on, everyone is waiting for us downstairs for dinner." He stated standing up and forwarded his hand for me. Smiling, I placed my hand in his and we walked downstairs hand in hand.

.....

"I still cant believe you didnt tell me!" Dania exclaimed. This morning Zayaan had bought our tickets for going back to turkey. The date was set to a week later so I had decided that for the time being I wanted to spend some time with my parents. Zayaan had agreed and dropped me at afternoon.

During the evening, I had decided to visiti Dania as I hadn't even visited her once ever since she got married. And to say she was excited about my arrival would be an understatement. So here we were as i told her about everything that had happened with me. "I wanted to but I couldnt do that to you. It was your wedding." She rolled her eyes. "Inaya. We've known each other almost all our lives, I could've helped you at such a hard time. We're like sisters."

"I'm sorry." I apologized and she shook her head. "I'm just happy, everything is fixed now. But I still cant believe you've been through so much." I shook my head and placed my hand on hers. "Enough about me, you tell me. Hows marriage life treating you?"

She sighed before a smile lit her face. "Its amazing. He's very understanding and takes care of me. Honestly its everything I've wanted in a marriage." She confessed and I grinned. "Well, when am I going to be an Aunt?" I smirked and she blushed staring at her hands.

No. Freaking. Way. "Wait. Are you-" she nodded and I squealed before jumping on her. "I cannot believe this. When?" She chuckled. "I found out yesterday and i was going to visit you today but then you told me you were coming over so-"

"Oh my God." I sat down trying to process the news. A huge smile remained on my face throughout the time. "Well technically it should have been you first but oh well." She shrugged and I laughed. "I still can't believe this."

"Me neither."

"What was Ahads reaction?"

"He was beyond happy when he heard the news." She replied shyly. "That's it, tomorrow we're going baby shopping." I clapped my hands and she rolled her eyes. "You'll never change will you?"

"Of course not." I winked.
.....
Um yeah. So I don't even know what to say anymore. Dania is pregnant? What? Well isnt that dome exciting news:) Anyways I'll be updating soon, all the chapters are already written and just require editing which also takes time but I'll try my best to post as soon as I can.

My exam is also coming up so no promises. But yeah.

Love ya all<33