..30..

.....
Hello hello!
How are you all doing? So as scheduled here is today's update:)

Hope you all enjoy it, and be sure to vote, comment and share.

Xxx
.....

Inaya's POV:
I walked downstairs only to find my mother in a frenzy. "Who's coming?" I questioned. I knew my mother very well, the only time she would work alot would be when someone was coming to our house. "I invited your in laws today." My mother informed me and I froze on my spot as I stared at my mother wide eyed.

"You invited who?"

"Your in laws Inaya." My mother rolled her eyes. "Why?" I choked out and she gave me a confused look. "What do you mean why? They are your in laws and also your father's friend."

If only she knew the reason I was freaking out. How was I going to face them all? How was I going to face Rabia mama? I had promised her to always stay with Zayaan but what did I do? I ran away at the first opportunity. I just wanted the ground to open up and eat me right now.

"Why are you just standing there? Go and get ready, they are about to be here." Sighing, I trudged to my room. I dug around my closet and finally settled on a tea pink shalwar Kameez. For now this would do. I left my hair open, and did my makeup light.

Giving myself a final look, I walked to the kitchen. "Do you want help?"

"Yes I want you to make the salad." I nodded my head as I got all the vegetables out. Something told me this was going to be the longest dinner. Lost in my thought, I kept on cutting the vegetables when I heard the door bell.

"Inaya go open the door." My mother instructed while I just stood there. "Me?"

She gave me a glare and I sighed, walking towards the main door. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door with sweaty hands. The first person I saw was Ehtesham abbu. Upon seeing me he gave me a warm smile as he patted my head affectionately. I was surprised when Rabia Ammi engulfed me in a hug.

Did Zayaan not tell her? I returned her hug and she pulled back placing her warm hand on my cheek. "How are you dear?"

"I'm good." I smiled at her and she nodded walking inside. Next, Mehak and Anum engulfed me in a hug and I was happy to return it. I had missed them both alot. "Bhai is parking the car." Mehak whispered and I nodded slowly as they both went inside.

I awkwardly stood by the door waiting for Zayaan while fidgeting with my hands. As soon as I saw him, my breath seemed to get caught in my throat. He looked handsome as always but at the same time different.

He looked thinner and his cheekbones were more prominent. His eyes had dark circles underneath them and there was a light stubble on his jaw. "Assalamualikum." He broke the silence and I greeted back awkwardly.

"Inaya." He breathed out and I could hear my heart beating wildly against my chest. "Everyone is waiting for you inside." I replied closing the door and walked inside leaving him behind. I didnt have the courage to face him or even talk to him.

The wounds were still fresh and after looking at him it was even worse. I entered the lounge where everyone was laughing and talking and I sat down besides Anum. "I was telling Inaya that she should go back but-"

"Oh no, it's fine. Zayaan told us already that it was easier for her from here." Rabia Ammi laughed and my eyes widened. How did he-

My gaze went towards his only to find him looking at me. Pulling my gaze away I turned to Mehak and Anum.

The three of us decided to go to my room while they all talked with each other. After settling down on the bed, Anum finally broke the silence. "Bhai told us you know." I took in a sharp breath as I gave them an apologetic look. "I'm sorry." I apologized and they shook their heads.