..21..

.....
Hi everyone!
First of all, thank you so much to everyone who's reading my book. I can't believe, Falling for Him has over 1k reads, like it genuinely makes me happy that someone is reading my hard work.<33

Also a special thanks to wfachudhary054 for supporting me on my book, it honestly means alot to me:)

Be sure to vote, comment and share if ya all are enjoying this book, now let's get on with the chapter.
.....

Inaya's POV:
Placing the tray on the table, I opened the curtains and turned towards my husband, who was still sleeping. Sighing, I walked to the bed and sat down beside him.

I had woken up early this morning. After taking a shower, I had made breakfast and decided to bring it to the room. I didn't bother waking Zayaan up as I knew he was tired from the busy week and also from the journey.

Memories of last night flashed in my brain, and I felt my face heating up. True to his word, Zayaan hadn't even hurt me once. Instead, he had held me as if I was made of glass.

Staring at his handsome features, a small smile made its way onto my face. How did I get so lucky? His dark hair was messed up on the pillow, the light stubble giving him a more rough look. His face was relaxed, and there was a hint of smile lacing his features, almost giving him a boyish look.

My hand automatically went towards the scar at the corner of his head, my fingers lightly brushing against it. This man was full of mysteries, and I wanted to know them. You might be thinking how come I still dont know much about him, even though we were married for more than half a year.

I guess I really don't have an answer to that. He just had a talent for keeping things hidden, or maybe every time I tried asking him something, he would just change the subject. I didn't want to force him into telling me something he didn't want to, so I would let him be.

I was broken out of thoughts when I felt movement beside me. His eyes slowly fluttered open, and upon seeing me, a lazy smile took over his features. "Good morning." I chirped, and he opened his arm. Rolling my eyes, I crawled over and laid down beside him. His warm, dark eyes moved towards mine as he wrapped his other arm around me and placed his face in the crook of my neck.

"Good morning." He rasped out, and I chuckled lightly. "What time is it?" He muttered against my neck. "12 pm."

He slightly rose his head as a surprised look entered his eyes. "I slept for that long?" I hummed in response, and he fell back. Shaking my head, my hand went to his silky hair playing with it. We stayed like that for a few moments before I finally spoke up. "You need to get up. Your breakfast is getting cold."

He groaned against my neck, and i rolled my eyes at his childish attitude. After many more tries, I finally succeeded in getting him up. While Zayaan was showering, I decided to go through all my texts. They were mainly wishes from my university fellows, at least the ones i had remained in contact with. There were also missed calls from Dania and Kanwal, and I made a mental note to call them later.

The door of the bathroom opened, and Zayaan came out freshly dressed in blue sweats and a white shirt that hugged his body. Giving me a warm smile, he sat down beside me. I uncovered the dishes, and we started eating in silence, though it wasn't an awkward silence but rather a comfortable one. "I want to take you out." He finally broke the silence, and my eyes widened.

"Out as in a date?" I teased, and he rolled his eyes chuckling. "Yes, as in a date."

"What if I say no?" I raised my brow. "Well, dear wife, you really don't have a choice." He remarked, and I pouted in return. "That's mean."

"Well, I can be a lot of other things." He winked. "Yeah, like a pervert." I smirked, and he stared at me shocked. I laughed at his expression and returned to my eating. He mumbled something under his breath before continuing to eat, too.

After breakfast, I kept the tray in the kitchen and returned back only to find Zayan working on his laptop. I rolled my eyes. This man wouldn't even rest on a weekend, and he just came back from a business trip. Sighing, I sat down beside him on the bed. Turning my face towards him, I pouted. "Can you not work today?"

He closed the laptop and kept it on the side before turning his full attention towards me. I smiled in response as I placed my head on his shoulder. He held my hand, and I stared at our now clasped hands. My hand looked a lot smaller compared to his, but somehow it fit perfectly. If you had told me a year ago that I would fall for a rich businessman, I probably would have laughed at your face, but now, I shook my head.

I held onto his hand tightly. Everything was so perfect, and I was afraid. Afraid of losing him but also afraid of being heartbroken. "You know you can ask me, whatever's on your mind." He spoke out, and I raised my head, facing him. I took in a deep breath before asking the first question. "Who was that girl?" He sighed as if he was expecting that question.

"Her name is Sara, and she was my fiance." My eyes widened at this, and he stared down at our entangled hands. I nodded for him to continue, and he took it as a cue to speak further. "Her father, he's my mothers brother, which makes her my cousin. Her father owns a huge business company, which meant he had many connections."

"When I first moved here, 4 years ago, I had to stay with him during the time he helped me start my company. Somehow, during that span, our families ended up getting Sara and me engaged."

"What happened?" I questioned, gripping his hand reassuringly. "The engagement was broken a year later." He gritted out, his grip tightening. "Why now?" I questioned, and his dark gaze flickered to mine. "I don't know. Someone might have released the news." I could tell from his eyes that he was hiding something, but I just nodded in understanding though there was still one question that kept on bothering me.

Building up courage, I finally asked it. "Did you love her?" I looked down, not wanting to see the expression in his eyes. His warm hand gripped my chin and pulled it upwards. "Trust me, Inaya, when I say this. You are the first and last woman I'd ever love. You have no idea of the effect you have on me. The way you smile at the smallest things, the way your forehead creases when you're focusing too much or when you bite your lip in nervousness. I love each and everything about you."

Tears sprang into my eyes at his confession as I felt one trailing down my cheek. His hand cupped my cheek, and his thumb gently wiped the tear away. "Your tears kill me." He whispered, placing his forehead against mine. "I love you too."

So this is what it felt like falling in love. A warm feeling settled in my heart as I gazed at my husband from under my lashes. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear those words from your mouth." He spoke in a hoarse voice, and I chuckled.

Little did I know that after this day, everything would change. And this was just the calm before the storm that was going to destroy our happiness.
.....
A fiance? Well, that's new. Looks like Zayaan is hiding way more than we thought. What else do ya all think he's hiding? I'm curious too;)

Also for the next chapter, do ya all want me to continue from this chapter or you all want a third person's POV on what happened during the business trip?

Hope ya all enjoyed this chapter.
Lots of love <3