..35..

.....
Hello people!
Hope you all are doing well and staying safe at your homes:)

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this update. Be sure to vote, comment and share.
Xxx
.....

Inaya's POV:
For minutes everything froze. There was no sound, nothing except the one of my heart thudding in my chest. And then it was as if reality crashed in and I could feel myself falling onto the knees as tears cascaded down my cheeks.

Zayaan clutched his leg as he groaned. The men released me and I crawled over to Zayaan. There was so much blood, it was everywhere. "Zayaan, no no no." I kept on muttering while Zayaan groaned in pain. "This doesnt account in any way for the year I spent in jail."

"But For the sake of our old friendship, this is the only damage I will do. The bullet hasn't pierced any vital nerve.

Zayaan glared at Adam, at the same time grabbing his leg. Adam turned around but then paused, turning his head back slightly. "I hope after this we wont be ever seeing each other again Saith." And with that he left.

Within minutes, the two black jeeps were driving away, leaving us alone. I felt all the senses coming back to me finally as I got up from my position. Zayaan was losing blood fast, and I needed to act quickly. Thankfully, there was a first aid box in the trunk and I quickly rushed it to Zayaans side.

"Zayaan, listen to me, you can't close your eyes." I tapped his cheek lightly. "I cant do much here, so right now I'm just going to tie a bandage to stop the bleeding." I grabbed the gauze and started wrapping it around the wound. He hissed in pain and I could feel my heart hurting.

"Almost done." I whispered. "Can you walk?" I questioned and he nodded. Dropping his arm around my shoulders I helped him get up. I kept most of his weight on my shoulders, trying not to fall as we stumbled to the passengers seat. Once he was seated, I quickly ran to the drivers seat.

Within half an hour, I had pulled up to the nearest hospital. After that everything happened in a blur, as they took Zayaan inside, me along his side throughout the time. Once he was inside, I called his parents and my parents who informed that they will be here within 15 minutes.

......

Half an hour later, everyone was here and the doctor walked out of the operation theatre. Ehtesham abbu was the first one to stand up with Rabia Ammi behind him. I just listened to them from the corner. "How is he?"

"He's ok. The bullet didnt pierce any vital nerve or bone for which we are grateful. There wasnt alot of blood loss either. Right now hes on anesthetics but within an hour or so, he'll be awake and you can visit him."

"When can we take him home?"

"I think within a day or two, you're good to take him home. He might need support with walking for a while and even some rest but within 2 weeks, he will be healed." The doctor explained and Ehteshaam abbu nodded. I could feel the atmosphere becoming lighter as everyone sighed in relief.

I could finally feel all the panic settling down and the tiredness settling in. My vision started getting blurry as I grabbed something for support. "What's wrong bhabi?" Anums voice sounded distant and I could see black dots filling my vision.

Within seconds, I felt the darkness enveloping me and this time I gave in. The last thing I heard was my fathers voice calling out my name.

......

I groaned as I slowly peeled my eyes open. Squinting, I tried to adjust my vision of the surroundings. The first thing I came face to face was the white wall. I felt something tugging at my hand and my gaze went to the IV connected to it.