~Racing hearts and Flashbacks~

'He knows what is in every heart'

A huge thanks to The_Boy_who_Lived for voting and supporting my book

A huge thanks to The_Boy_who_Lived for voting and supporting my book. Ya all should definitely check his books out. Also we reached over 250 reads for which I'm extremely grateful.

Edited.
Inaya's POV:
I sat down beside Zayaan after giving him his coffee. He muttered a small thanks as he typed something on his laptop. I sighed as I faced him completely. Here he was, working again when it wasn't even an hour since we had returned. "Aren't you tired?" I questioned. He shook his head, a frown creasing his forehead.

This was the side of him that annoyed me the most. The workaholic one, it was like he went into another dimension where just him and his work existed. I rolled my eyes at his reply as I turned on the tv. Annoyed, i decided to turn the volume up, up, up, up-

"Inaya." He sighed, giving me a quick glance.

"Yup?" I grinned not removing my attention from the tv. "I'm working." He gave me a side glance. "I know."

He shook his head then continued again with his work, this time not saying anything on the loud volume. "I want to work." I stated out loud making him pause.

"What?" He turned his dark gaze towards me and i shrugged. "I said I want to work."

He rolled his eyes. "I heard you the first time, but my question is why?" He inquired irritated. "I have nothing to do, all I do is sit and stare at these walls and besides what was the point of me becoming a doctor if I wasn't even going to do anything." I explained.

"But-"

"Please Zayaan, I really need this." I pleaded. He thought about it, while I stared at him with anticipation. He finally sighed out loud before replying, "Fine, I'll go with you tomorrow and-"

"There's no need, I'll apply online or go by myself. I know how busy you are and I swear I won't get lost this time. Besides I have your number now." I clarified, pointing at my phone.

"Fine." He muttered and I smiled in victory. "You really are stubborn." He muttered in a teasing tone and I nudged hid shoulder playfully. "That I am. Anyways I'm tired so I'm going to sleep, are you coming?" I questioned as I stood up picking his now empty coffee cup from the table.

He stretched his body and yawned. "Go ahead, I'll come after finishing this presentation." He murmured as he started typing again. I rolled my eyes at his workaholic attitude but I would be lying if I said that I didn't admire it. He was so hardworking and determined and that wasn't a quality you saw in people often. Even though it was annoying at times but it made him even more attractive.

After washing the cup, I resigned to my room. I laid down on the bed and turned towards his side. A small smile formed on my face as I thought about him. Actually, that's the only thing I did nowadays, I really need to start working before I go crazy. I shook my head and turned towards the other side. One thing was for sure, I was slowly falling for Zayaan saith.

Zayaan's POV:
I yawned for umpteenth time as I rubbed the sleep away from my eyes. Even coffee wasn't working anymore.

Workaholic

Inaya's voice rang in my head and I shook my head laughing. Immediately her face popped into my mind and I sighed staring at the ceiling. This woman was going to be the death of me. I still remembered the day when I came home only to find her gone.

One week ago:
I was extremely tired as I made my way to the room. "Inaya please-" I stopped midway when I found the room empty. A frown etched it's way onto my face as I looked into the bathroom only to find it empty. I checked every other room and kitchen in the house, calling her name multiple times but there was no response.

She had left me.

It was then when fear, guilt, regret made it's way into my heart as I replayed every moment in my head to see if I had done something wrong.

I decided to check her wardrobe only to find her clothes there. This made me relax a bit but worry still gripped my heart as I thought of where she could have gone.

One thing was for sure, she had no idea about the directions and there was a high chance she might have gotten lost. I called Haleema only to find out that my beloved wife had gone out exploring. I cursed myself when I realized I didn't even have her number.

I was about to call her mother but paused midway, I didn't want to worry them on such a small matter. I decided to call Kanwal instead. "Hello Zayaan bhai?" Kanwal greeted chirpily but I had no time for this.

"Kanwal, please can you send me your sister's number immediately? She left somewhere and I have no idea where she is and I'm going crazy right now." I spoke in one breath, passing my hand through my hair in frustration.

"Zayaan bhai, what are you-"

"Listen I really don't have much time, can you send me the number as soon as possible?" I sighed pulling my hair.

"Yeah ok." And with that she cut the call. In less than a minute my phone chimed indicating that I had recieved a message. I sighed in relief upon receiving her number and immediately dialed it.

After two rings she finally picked up and my heart lurched. "Where are you?" I spoke in an emotionless voice. Anger slowly seeped in as I thought about the irresponsible and immature act she had pulled. She had no idea the kind of people that were on the streets, what if something would have happened to her?

"Where are you Inaya?" I repeated and I heard sniffing from her side indicating she was crying. Something happened to my heart as I thought of her crying in the middle of nowhere but I pushed that feeling away. "I-im near the blue mosque, there are some shops here and I'm sitting on the sidewalk." She whispered in a shaking voice and with that I cut the call and ran to my car.

I raced through the highway and within 20 minutes reached the city centre. I drove through the streets slowly looking around when a small figure on the side walk caught my attention. Relief flooded through my veins as I made my way towards her.

Upon seeing my car, her eyes lit up and she got up, stumbling in the process and I wanted to do nothing except go and catch her but I knew I couldn't. I kept my attention on the road infront of me as I heard her entering the car and didn't bother to even spare a glance her way.

Present:
I sighed, rubbing my face. The week I had to go without talking to her was the toughest thing I had to do. I couldn't focus on my work as only her thoughts occupied my mind, if she was eating well or if she was sleeping well. I knew I was being harsh on her but she needed to understand. And then I saw her sitting on the bed and crying and it was like my heart couldn't take it anymore and I finally gave in.

I laughed when I remembered the glare she threw at me while sniffing with her tearstreaked face and red rimmed eyes, her lips pulled into a pout and I wanted to do nothing but kiss her right there and then but I held myself back.

I shook my head as I tried focusing on the presentation at hand. What are you doing to me Inaya Zaid?
......
I really hope you all enjoyed this chapter. It seems that their relationship is slowly moving forward.
Vote and comment if you're enjoying this book:)
Love ya all<3