..26..

.....
Hola amigos!
Hope you all are doing well. Here is another update:)

I might do a double update today but let's see;)

Be sure to vote and comment. Your comments literally make my day<3

Xxx
......

Inaya's POV:
I had retired to my room straight after greeting my parents. After changing back into my pyjamas, I slumped onto the bed. My phone buzzed besides me and I answered it with a smile on my face. "Assalamualikum." I greeted.

"Walaikum Salam. How are you?"

"Tired, I just came back from your parent's house." I muttered and I could feel him nodding. "How was it?"

"Your parents were really happy to see me especially your mother. Though they missed you alot." He chuckled. "What about you?"

"What about me what?" I frowned in confusion. "Did you miss me?" His deep voice asked seriously and I smirked. "I don't know. I'm quite happy without you here." I teased him. "Really?"

"Mmhmm." I laughed. "Well I don't know about you, but I miss my wife alot." He sighed. "A heartless woman huh?"

"Yeah, she left me here all alone." His amused voice came from the other side. "Well you should forget about her then." I carried on. "Can't. I love her too much." He sighed but I could hear the seriousness behind his voice. I felt my face heating up. "Well maybe your wife misses you alot too." I finally spoke out.

"Zayaan?" He hummed in response. "When are you coming?" He sighed triedly before answering. "I don't know love, I'm trying my best to finish my work as soon as possible." I could tell from his voice that he was very tired. "Don't overexert yourself. I don't want you to get sick."

"Yes maam." He chuckled. "I'm serious. Just because I'm not there doesn't mean you stop caring about yourself. Give yourself a break."

"I'll try love." I rolled my eyes. This man was the definition of stubborn. "Did you just roll your eyes on me?" He asked playfully. "Maybe." I chuckled and he laughed. "I met your cousin today." I spoke after a while and I felt him taking a sharp breath.

"Who?"

"Sara." He went silent while I made my way to the ledge and sat down staring at the dark sky. I could tell he wasn't happy about the news for some reason. "Did she..say something?"

"No, we talked very little. She was talking to your parents mostly." He listened silently and I sighed. "Zayaan, why didn't you ever tell me that it was you who had asked to marry me?" There was silence on his side but from his breathing I could tell he was still there.

"Who told you that?"

"Your mother who else. You never tell me anything." I added at the end. I was starting to get annoyed with everything. It was like everyone knew, but I was the only one who was kept in the dark. "Inaya-"

"No Zayaan, I'm tired of being in the dark. I've given you all the space you needed but it's hard for me too, not knowing anything about you." I ranted and he sighed. "I'm sorry love. I promise you once I reach Pakistan, I'll tell you everything." He finally spoke out.

"You promise?" He hummed in response and I felt my heart getting lighter. After that we talked about random stuff. He asked me how was everything in pakistan and also told me about all the meetings he had.

We talked for almost 2 hours when a yawn broke out of me. "You should go to sleep." He chuckled but I shook my head. "No, I'm fine." I drowsily replied. "I can literally feel your tiredness from here. Sleep, love. We will talk tomorrow."