I • FOR THE NEXT MILLENNIUM

one | pour le prochain millénaire

Mikaelson Compound

Monique Deveraux, who's visibly enthusiastic and energetic, is in one of the upstairs spacious parlor rooms with Hope Mikaelson-- who has already grown one year old, though unfortunately without her mother, and the two are sitting on a spread out light purple blanket on the floor as they play with the various toys that surround them until the young woman actually makes the baby laugh in a way. Elijah Mikaelson, however, is standing nearby in his usual smart suit as he watches them both with a small smile on his face.

A cute giggle escapes the young woman at the sound of the baby's adorable laughter, "Oh, look who's here, baby." She looks up at her lover, "Hey you."

His smile only grows on his handsome face, amused by her, "Hello." Elijah starts to pace back and forth beside where Monique and Hope are playing.

"I'm glad you came back. She was just starting to miss her favourite uncle." Monique teased her own boyfriend as the baby chews on a squeaky leaf toy.

"I certainly doubt that she has a favourite among our family, apart from the one aunt who I have no doubt has a gift of taking care of children." Elijah teased her in return, sincerely grateful for his lover as the gorgeous smile remains on his handsome face just for her, "Thank you for all of your care."

It's no wonder that Klaus and Hayley would trust Monique Deveraux the most once it comes to take care of their one and only precious daughter, until it's no wonder that Klaus would protect Monique with such lengths that he would ask a witch to cast an illusion spell on another unknown vampire to burn to her unfortunate demise, in Monique's place, while the actual Monique was actually safe and sound somewhere else. Thanks to her own original idea, Klaus utilized it on her in order to protect her himself; convince everyone of her unfortunate demise when she's actually still alive. With no doubt, even Freya and Rebekah rely on Monique so much to take care of the baby, ever since she proved to protect Hope since the evening at the diner somewhere in Arkansas. Elijah, however, is in love with this strong woman with every bit and fibre of his being, considering how much she has been there for him and his siblings-- especially by how she managed to actually tolerate Niklaus eventually if she would have to remain with them.

Another cute giggle escapes her, "You're kidding. Your niece is the best thing that has ever happened to me, let alone this family, and I love you so much."

What has he ever done to deserve such an amazing woman like her?

Elijah slowly kneels down next to them, smiling, "I love you, Monique." With that, he grabs her delicate right hand and leaves a warm kiss on top of it.

Although it seems that Freya chose that impeccable moment to walk in, "Elijah, glad to know you're back. Tomorrow's the full moon. I've already discussed with Monique that I can help you both bring Hope to Hayley, if you'd like." Once the pair remain silent, the blonde senses the awkward tension in the room at the last minute, "Forgive me, am I interrupting?"

"No, actually, you came in at just the right time." Monique sarcastically said as she looks away from both siblings as her cheeks turn rosy pink in a blush.

"Yes, you definitely have impeccable timing, sister." Elijah sarcastically added on, to which ridiculously relieves the oblivious golden blonde witch.

"Wonderful. So, what do you say, brother?" Freya Mikaelson recalled.

"It's quite alright. That won't be necessary. You both deserve a night off." From taking care of the baby; with that, Elijah joins his own gorgeous lover to play with their one and only adorable niece just as his brother walks into the parlor room to join them and jumps into their conversation unbidden.