XXXV • THE FEAST OF ALL SINNERS

thirty-five | la fête de tous les pécheurs

Mikaelson Compound

"So what's this dreadful plan of yours?" Victoria sternly questioned him regarding the remaining dreadful plan to take down the powerful spirit.

"Just say the word, Vincent. We're all ears." Monique encouraged him as they're now gathered in the main room, remaining in ruins by the fight.

Vincent nods a little at her in a sincerely grateful manner, "The Hollow has been haunting New Orleans for centuries. It's an unending evil. It's appetite for power is insatiable. And that's what attracted it to your little girl."

Considering how powerful Hope Mikaelson grows up to be. Extraordinary.

"So how do we stop it?" Victoria Labonair sternly demanded once more.

"Be patient. It wouldn't kill any of us to let him breathe." Monique advised from her spot, standing in the middle between Elijah and Klaus, as always.

"You said there was a way to save her." Klaus recalled hopefully.

"And there is, no matter how dreadful it gets. We'll try to do everything we can to save your little girl." Monique gently rubs his right arm for support.

Klaus only nods as he grabs onto her warm left hand and gently squeezes it while Elijah gently rubs Monique's back affectionately in a grateful manner.

"But I'm going to tell you right now, you are not going to like my plan."

Monique, Rebekah, Klaus, Freya, and Elijah all look at each other in relatable concern by his words of slight ultimatum while Victoria stays calm.

Victoria shakes her head a little, "Anything to save Hope. Get on with it."

"Step one: we pull the Hollow out of Hope. Step two: we find someplace else to put it. But with the book gone, I need a place that's both powerful and eternal. And in order to make the transition work, I'm going to need something that's connected to Hope through blood." Vincent explained.

"You mean family." Mikaelson, on her father's side, and Labonair, on her mother's side; Monique effortlessly figured out about the people present.

"You need a vampire. You want to put the Hollow into one of my siblings?" Freya wondered aloud nervously as she glances at her sister, to which both Elijah and Monique share a relatable look of even more concern at that.

"One ain't going to cut it. I'm going to need four of them." Vincent declared as he holds four of his right fingers up for all of them to see clearly in worry.

"Four immortals, unkillable, powerful, eternal." Monique listed out as she glances up between Klaus and Elijah, being two already, in more concern.

"Then that makes you three, Kol makes four. Done." Victoria simply said.

"But there's always a catch." Monique looks back up at the former Regent.

Freya slightly shakes her head in disbelief and surprise over this plan.

Elijah sends a quick glance at his own worried sweetheart, "Why four of us?"

"Well, fifteen hundred years ago, when the Hollow was first killed, they divided her remains. Four bones, four volunteers, four different locations. That's how we're going to beat the Hollow now." Vincent reminded them.

Monique shakes her head a little, truly puzzled by this plan, "Why four?"

A scoff of disbelief escapes Victoria as she looks at her, "Does it matter?"