XXII • THE BLOODY CROWN

twenty-two | la couronne sanglante

Mikaelson Compound

Elijah and Monique, only wrapped in the warm dark brown sheets, are laying in their massive king-sized bed together as their clothes from the previous night are scattered on the floor before they made love to each other. Monique remains asleep, with her naked back facing him, when Elijah affectionately caresses her arm, trailing his touch toward her shoulder, the side of her fair neck and reaching her soft right ear as she slowly awakens. Once she doesn't turn around yet, he takes the impeccable opportunity to lean closer and leaves a warm kiss on her right shoulder, her arm, the junction between her shoulder and neck, in which he nibbles on that spot, which escapes a cute giggle out of her, who finally turns around to face him.

"Good morning." She could definitely get used to wake up next to him every day of their unending lives, if they have to. She adores him very much.

She earns a small though cute smile from her sweetheart, "Morning." To say that she's adorable though sexy at once would be a huge understatement. He could get used to listen to the melifluous sounds she emits whenever he would pleasure her with his own kisses and body every night of their lives.

"I had a dream about you, about us. We were on our first date. You were genuinely happy. And when you're happy, I'm overjoyed." Monique spoke.

The cute smile on his handsome face only grows, "It wasn't a dream." He holds her warm left hand and leaves a kiss on it before leaving it on his chest, near his right shoulder; he's genuinely happy whenever she's here. Simple words cannot seem to describe how in love he is with this woman.

She mirrors his cute smile with her own one, "I love you." So much.

His reply doesn't seem to be necessary as they lean in even closer to mould their lips together in an early morning kiss as she slowly lays on top of him. Later on, Freya is gasping and grunting in excruciating agony as she drops on the carpet of the spacious living room upstairs, a young female vampire watching her with a sneer. Suddenly, her heart is ripped out from behind, her body drops lifeless to the floor, disclosing her own savior to be Monique, who drops the organ carelessly on the floor as if she's disgusted by it.

A shaky sigh leaves Monique, "Freya. Freya, what did they do to you?"

A loud groan of excruciating agony leaves the poor blonde witch, "Poison." Perhaps to retaliate, or they require her to be dead to eliminate the owner.

"Okay, let's get you out of here." Monique carefully aids her to sit up.

Another young female vampire walks in when Hayley, as if in a blink of an eye, quickly karate-chops their foe's head clean off of her body, staining her face with the fresh blood of her victim, "Come on. Let's go. Marisa's safe."

"Yeah, and who's going to help the boys?" Monique reminded her about the confrontation the Original brothers are having with Marcel downstairs; it turns out that he had already taken the serum with no hesitation at all.

"Worry about them later. For now, we have to get her out of here."

Freya weakly leans on Monique while Hayley leads them both to the exit.

❋❋❋

Kenner Apartment

Hayley, Monique, and Freya rush upstairs, in which Marisa is securely waiting for them. The poisoned Original slowly lies down on the sofa.