XXI • GIVE 'EM HELL KID

twenty-one | donne leur enfant d'enfer

Mikaelson Compound

Monique watches closely as Freya Mikaelson is hunched over a coffee table, attempting to read the prophecy, when Elijah walks up from behind her, intending to figure out if what Lucien said is true regarding the prophecy. You can kill me but the prophecy still stands, you cannot outrun it. Is it true?

A genuinely tired sigh leaves the younger woman, anxious, "Anything?"

The older blonde Original weakly shakes her head, "There's too many pieces. Every time I get close to seeing something, it just fades away."

"Like a dream." Monique Deveraux surmised in well-understanding.

Elijah rests his warm left hand on his sister's right shoulder briefly, although a gasp suddenly escapes him as a vision quickly flashes through his mind.

Various voices echo as a painting of Klaus drips with fresh blood and an old grimoire is open with an unknown spell written across the pages. A shadowed figure hunched over gets up and the shadow is disclosed to be Marcel Gerard as the beast, sharp fangs elongated and dripping with blood. Marcel? Although how did he get his hands on the serum in the first place?

Monique quickly looks up at her own lover, "Elijah? Elijah. Are you okay?"

A gasp escapes Freya as well once the distinct vision fades and Elijah drops his left hand from her right shoulder, both looking somewhat shocked by what they have seen, concerning Monique even more by the second. Elijah walks around to the other side of the table, next to his lover, and holds out his left hand for his sister to take and holds out his other hand for Monique.

"Are you quite certain that you want to know?" The younger Original asked, deeply concerned that his own sweetheart wouldn't be able to handle this.

After a moment of hesitation, Monique takes his warm right hand in her own warm left, "Of course." Especially when a situation concerns her own lover.

After an intense look is shared, Elijah turns back to his sister, "Finish it."

As Freya slowly takes his warm left hand and Monique's warm right in both of her own, a loud gasp escapes her once more as several distinct flashes in the vision is shown as the witch's own words, 'You will all fall, one by friend, one by foe and one by family', is spoken quietly throughout; Marcel standing upon a lit bridge at nightfall; Elijah seemingly weakened with a bite wound upon his arm; a bloody-faced Hayley stood looking into a mirror with Hope in her arms; Klaus being held down in the abattoir as Marcel plunges an object into his chest; Elijah and Marcel clinking glasses in the loft; Marcel plunging a stake into Elijah's back; the rolling shot of several closed coffins.

All Monique, Elijah, and Freya gasp as the vision fades, sharing a look of panic over what they saw. Afterward, the undeniably anxious trio are quickly advancing down the set of stairs of the compound, to the courtyard below. The visions seem too real to be fake. Of course Marcel would be the villain. He has done it more than once, to side against the Originals, since 1919 once he came home after the end of World War I with the aid of Papa Tunde, Genevieve, even Rebekah, and especially Mikael himself, the Destroyer.

A shaky sigh of utter nervousness leaves Monique, "What was that?"

Her sweetheart mentioned as well, "What the hell did we just see?"

"Vincent told me he found a way to extract the serum from Aurora, I was busy at the time, but if Vincent did steal the serum...If he, gave it to Marcel--"