XXXII • PHANTOMESQUE

thirty-two | fantôme

Mikaelson Compound

Klaus Mikaelson speed-walks in, with clear determination, through the open door of the main room, in which his sister and the golden brunette are standing at a table, "Rebekah and Kol just landed. I just assured them we're mere moments from returning our brother to life. Don't make me a liar." Therefore, they have to work together to bring Elijah back to life once more.

"A little support and some patience wouldn't kill you, you know." Monique defended the older Original with a genuinely tired sigh as she looks at him; they're all worried and anxious about how to bring Elijah back to life, though it's not necessary for one of them to lose themselves in the process. Otherwise, they certainly aren't going anywhere. Not without each other. Freya possesses the magic necessary, Klaus possesses the strength, Kol has the vast knowledge about magic necessary enough for aid, Rebekah is not much problem whatsoever, considering she remains loyal to her own family.

Victoria walks in through the open door of the room to join them, "How ironic, considering he lacks both. Yet, he refuses to admit it. Why is that? I wonder. Ego? Pride? Stubbornness? All of the above?" Of course. How predictable. She has learned about the characteristics of Klaus Mikaelson throughout the many years she spent resenting him with most of her energy. How persistent he can possibly be, how highly he sees himself as. Although how ironic it is that, eventually, she enjoys his company anyway. Forgiveness truly is a gift, and resentment truly does get old. It isn't worth it.

Monique shakes her head a little, "It doesn't matter. We're saving Elijah." Today, to do whatever they have to to find his soul in the pendant and return it back to his own original body before they wake him back to life.

"How? The pendant is broken." Victoria reminded them all in frustration, genuinely relieved that the eldest Mikaelson sibling actually made the effort to cast the spell to protect every vampire, in Elijah's sireline, in New Orleans, unlike everywhere else around the world, in which they do die. Until Elijah's soul is back in his original body and awake back to life, the vampires in his sireline cannot leave the borders of New Orleans by the spell. Therefore, to say that they owe Freya would be an understatement.

A shaky sigh leaves Monique, "But at least Elijah's in there. We'll find a way." Any way to search for his soul inside and place him back in his own vessel.

"I can't resurrect Elijah until I'm certain his mind is whole." Freya spoke up.

Victoria shakes his head a little this time, frowning, "How do we do that?"

"Well, you saved Finn with that very trinket. What's the problem?" Klaus asked, which earns him a look from the clearly annoyed rare hybrid there.

"Did you not hear what I just said? The pendant is broken." Victoria stated.

"But at least we have the pieces to put them back together." Monique said.

"When that pendant was shattered, Elijah's mind shattered with it. He's most likely retreated to the innermost of his consciousness." Freya spoke.

"And where is that, exactly?" Victoria wondered aloud, clearly keen to know.

"I don't know. It could be anywhere in over a thousand years of memories, but if I try fixing the pendant before finding him and healing his mind; he'll be permanently fractured, like casting a broken bone before it's been properly set." Freya informed them as an ultimatum, nervous to do this.

"Spare me the medical analogies and fix him." Klaus sternly demanded.

"Easier said than done, isn't it?" Monique reminded him in more defense.