V • THE AXEMAN'S LETTER

five | la lettre de l'homme à la hache

Mikaelson Compound

Klaus and Elijah Mikaelson have just come back home through the main entrance of the compound, in which they are discussing recent events, as they can effortlessly sense someone else's presence in the courtyard now. Now that Victoria Labonair has come back into their lives more than two hundred years later, she could be anywhere; either she's with Marcel or even Freya now that they're seemingly 'friends'. Now that Marcel Gerard is a member of The Strix, the young woman could probably be an ally of the dangerous vampire organization as well. After the seer, Alexis, was poisoned at the celebration in private, how are they supposed to watch out for any dangers or threats coming for them now? Who murdered her at that estate?

"So, my first sired wants to kill you. Yours wants to kill me. Makes you regret turning vampires in the first place." What's done is done, the hybrid said.

"Well, the division of labor seems crystal clear-- two of them, two of..."

Both brothers are in so much visible shock by what they see as they walk into the courtyard that they stop dead in their tracks, causing Elijah to stop speaking in the middle of his sentence; Monique is kneeling next to a bed made of lavender sprigs as an unknown ordinary young woman is laying lifeless on the floor of the bed. The woman has slashed both of her wrists and has presumably bled out onto the floor due to a vampire's compulsion.

"...Us." Elijah finally ended his sentence as he looks at his lover in shock.

"I just woke up and found this." Monique raises a piece of paper, seemingly a letter, in her left hand in surprise before she skims it quickly for a second time, "'Roses are red, lavender is blue. Come find me before I find you'."

Klaus, realizing that his former lover-- Aurora de Martel is back, seems so visibly overwhelmed by this newest development that he cannot speak. Elijah, however, kneels down to examine the woman's body to make sure she's really dead while Klaus has been given the letter to read it for himself.

A scowling Klaus scoffs in disbelief, "I remember her a better poet."

"Oh, I wouldn't say that this is lacking in poetry." Elijah sarcastically said.

"She wants us to find her." He throws the letter back on the body, "So let's."

"Said the guy who's clearly not really looking forward to see his ex again." Monique highlighted with a cute fake smile for the younger Original.

"Oh, said who?" Klaus claps his brother on the shoulder and heads for the main door, though the older Original himself stops him as he sides with her.

"She's right. Are you so eager, Niklaus? Last time you even said her name was a thousand years ago, when you told me to never speak it again in your presence." In the year of 1002 A.D., to be precise, after they broke up.

"Because she broke your heart, it seems." Monique resumed to predict, genuinely curious even to know how the woman actually did it to Klaus; it probably couldn't be worse than how he ended his relationship with Eden Deveraux, could it? Who's to blame for how this old relationship ended?

"Yes, so, am I to wait as she leaves her little calling-cards all over my home?"

Monique nods a little as she considered aloud, "You have a point."

JUST A LITTLE BIT OF YOUR HEART | TO [2]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें