XII • DEAD ANGELS

twelve | anges morts

Lafayette Cemetery

Inside the Lycée greenhouse, Vincent Griffith-- as the brand new Regent of all the nine covens in New Orleans, is in the middle of casting a significant spell on a stone table that has various bones and a circle made of white sand, which he pours while he murmurs the incantation under his breath. A few feet away, Eden Deveraux is pacing around back and forth anxiously, visibly impatient enough to wait for him to finish the boundary spell.

He closes his eyes to concentrate better, "Kou le vous a te vas se tu..."

After a moment, Eden casually walks over to him and interrupted him, "Oh my God. How much longer is this going to take? I've been here forever." Not only does she require the boundary spell, though she requires another spell to create a fake weapon-- much like a top decoy of the trinket for her to hand over to her ultimate immortal enemy in exchange for her freedom.

Although does she really want her freedom when she remains to desire a life of her own? She still wants her own father, Sebastian, and she certainly wants the love of her life, being none other than the notorious Klaus Mikaelson, though how could she live with them when she has enemies everywhere? With trust issues, paranoia, selfishness, manipulation, fear?

A genuinely tired sigh leaves him, burning with annoyance by her, "Don't exaggerate. We're cloaked, just like you asked...For now. But I can sense somebody searching for you, and my guess is its Marisa Westphall." Even though the witch is only nineteen years old from the French Quarter coven, being Cami's reliable, trustworthy cousin despite being the youngest one. Although the girl was also the same one who betrayed Davina, her own old friend, as she conspired with Van Nguyen, which led her to be shunned as an act of retaliation since Davina tried to hide Kol's (in the late Kaleb Westphall's body) demise from her for her own good the previous year ago.

"Yeah, Lucien's brand new cute little girlfriend. Did you know that they've been keeping their relationship a secret from everybody else? And that includes your friend Cami. How scandalous is that?" A giggle escapes her as she contemplates Lucien Castle's brand new relationship with Marisa; Cami didn't even know until she told her on purpose for her own selfish benefit. She honestly can't wait to hear what the Originals' reaction about them.

Vincent, who is clearly anxious about this entire situation, starts to sound slightly stressed out, especially when he's being threatened and pressured to do so, "Very, but they would be the least of my concerns right now." Since he actually couldn't care less about Lucien at all, especially at this moment.

"Oh, that's right. You're worried because I have my very own leverage against you." Eden pulls out a seemingly old necklace with a sapphire pendant, belonging to Freya which she has also stolen from their home, from her inner jacket pocket, "You know, I don't doubt that your old buddy Finn wouldn't hesitate to take over your place and do your job even better and quicker than you. What do you think? So much for being Regent."

"You don't even know what that means." Vincent tries to snatch the necklace from her, which she has stolen from the Originals as well, only for her to put it back in her inner jacket pocket with a fake smile on her face.

"Oh, I do, actually. I'm just sick of witch politics, especially when that kid Davina was Regent. It was like she was asking to get torn apart." A genuinely tired sigh leaves Eden; to say that she's annoyed by witches from New Orleans would be a huge understatement, especially Davina Claire herself. As far as she's concerned, she couldn't even care less about Kol Mikaelson.