XLVII • THE TALE OF TWO WOLVES

forty-seven | le conte de deux loups

Mikaelson Compound

Klaus, who has remained his intense and deeply concerned gaze on his safe and soundly sleeping daughter in her bedroom all night until before the early dawn, speed-walks out of the room and into the hallway, in which Elijah remains standing by the wall on his own to contemplate what Marcel has informed him earlier on at his private study about Hope's condition. With the extremely dark and powerful magic inside of her, she unfortunately won't be able to survive the full moon tonight, considering she has triggered her own werewolf curse after she murdered a middle-aged man by mistake when she murdered all of those nightwalkers in the St. Anne's church then. Therefore, it's a requirement for them to search for a way to save her today.

"Niklaus." Elijah mentioned as his brother speed-walks down the hallway.

"Get in the car. You and I are taking Hope on a little trip." Klaus demanded, considering they don't seem to have any more precious time to waste now.

The older Original quickly trails after him, "Are you out of your mind?"

Although Klaus effortlessly ignores him, "She can sleep on the drive."

A genuinely tired sigh leaves the noble one, "Surely you heard Marcel."

"He doesn't know anything!" Klaus denied him with a shake of his head.

"Where are we going?" Elijah mentioned, genuinely clueless by this plan.

"Hope's school knows how to deal with a werewolf's first transformation. They have a facility." Klaus informed him as they walk to another room.

"Mystic Falls? I take it you have a plan." Hopefully, Elijah pointed out.

"I do and while I execute it, I need you and Monique to look after her, to-to make sure she doesn't exert herself." The younger Original frantically asked.

"Wouldn't it be better for you to let only Monique settle this task, considering Hope despises me? Monique has never failed to earn her trust." In fact, the young woman seems to be the girl's second mother, actually.

"Oh, stop pretending as if the idea of spending even a moment with your beloved Monique has ever irritated you." Klaus snapped in utter frustration.

Monique then shows up at the wide open doorway of the room, having overheard their loud conversation at early before dawn, while everyone else remain asleep, "She can't despise you forever, Elijah. In fact, this is the opportunity you have to take to spend the whole day with your niece, who's not seven years old anymore. I'll be going with Nik to keep an eye on him."

Just in case if someone gets hurt as he tries to save his daughter today.

This escapes a quick scoff from Klaus, "I don't need a babysitter." It's not like he's fourteen years old anymore, like his daughter, to be taken care of.

"On the contrary, you're not entirely stable once pressured with anxiety. Let me come with you and help you execute this plan of yours." Monique said.

She earns a serious frown of defeat from the younger Mikaelson, "Fine. I have until the crest of the full moon to save her life. We've defied the inevitable for a dozen lifetimes. I am not about to surrender to it now. Please, I need your help. Both of you. You two are the only people I trust."

At that statement, both Monique and Elijah share a relatable look of worry.

❋❋❋

Salvatore Boarding School in Mystic Falls, Virginia

"At the Salvatore school for the Young and Gifted, we are big on spirit. Education is our first priority, obviously. We've sent students to the Ivy League, to Silicon Valley. Of course, if you're looking for a more unique course of study, I assure you, we are unmatched. We believe in inclusive blending of the species here. So, outside of full moons, vampires, witches and werewolves all cohabitate peacefully." Caroline King announced as she leads a few young people through the hallway to the spacious main room.