XVI • ALONE WITH EVERYBODY

sixteen | seul avec tout le monde

Mikaelson Compound

An undeniably frantic Kol Mikaelson has just informed Elijah and Monique of his spontaneous encounter with Finn Mikaelson the previous night, and the pair are understandably concerned about this dreadful news of the eldest Original brother's return, in the older Original's private study upstairs.

"And you're sure that that's actually him?" Monique Deveraux asked, mentally recalling about the mentioned Original's own demise in his original body when he was murdered by the white oak stake at the small town in Virginia as well almost four previous years ago, to be precise.

Finn must have come back to life when Davina did it to Kol then, using the nexus vorti along with the blood of Elijah and Klaus' from the de-sire spell.

"I saw him with my own eyes. Finn must have come back when Davina resurrected me. The spell was tied to the blood of the Mikaelson line. Either it worked on him, or he found a way to hijack it. Either way, the only 'how' I care about right now is how long I'm going to make him suffer before I kill him." Kol begins to anxiously pace around the excessively spacious study.

He could never forgive Finn, his own brother, after what he did to him the last time they were alive in other people's vessels. He cursed him to death. What kind of horrible brother would do that just because he sided with their mother, who was a hypocrite? He even used her as a power source then.

Elijah tries to calm him down, "Restraint, brother. For now." Considering the man they're talking about is also their brother, who defended their mother, being the woman who wanted the aim to the end of the vampire species. Therefore, Finn resented in being an immortal, unkillable undead being. Perhaps he wants to finally be finished with this wretched life he's in and end up somewhere in peace. He doesn't want to feed on blood anymore.

Perhaps his main motivation to end it all is because of a certain someone. They learned that in the notorious ancient history of Silas and Alexandra. Although the latter didn't want to die while the former remained desiccated in a tomb for two thousand years. Perhaps Finn wanted to be with Elisa once again, even though he never really spoke about her to his siblings. Although their mother most probably knew about it, considering how close she could be with her eldest son. Even though they knew who Elisa Deveraux was supposed to be, apart from Freya, they never speak of her, considering she has already been dead for one thousand years long now.

This escapes a scoff of disbelief out of Kol, "Why? Finn is clearly the one spreading rumors about the missing 'white oak'. He's luring Nik's enemies out of the woodwork. It's all part of his tedious revenge fantasy." Considering they only left him daggered for nine hundred years long...at times even with Elisa's old picture next to his desiccated body in the coffin. He couldn't even see what's intriguing when it comes to a handmaiden. Why would his brother even go for a depraved, pauperized woman like so?

"I thought Victoria was the one who's spreading rumors." Monique reminded, "Nik said that Gaspar admitted himself. He was working for her."

Just then, Freya Mikaelson walks into the room and joins them, "She's right. Those rumors began before either of you returned. Finn's innocent."

Monique does a simple nod, sincerely grateful for her, "Thank you, Freya."

The ladies earn a look of horror from the youngest Original, "Innocent?" They must be joking, even though he isn't that innocent himself either.

"Like you're any better." Monique reminded him of the obvious.

Freya folds her arms and nods as she sits on her brother's desk, and Kol looks back at his brother for back-up. When he doesn't get it, he turns back to his sister after he averts his serious gaze between her and Monique.