XLIV • WE HAVE NOT LONG TO LIVE

forty-four | nous n'avons pas longtemps à vivre

Rousseau's Restaurant

The local bar and restaurant is clearly out of place, with many glass bottles-- some even broken ones, on the table, the floor, the bar, the chairs, and everywhere else, with many foul stains as well from seemingly a celebration and a gathering of the disrespectful vampires without their daylight rings, or more commonly known as the nightwalkers with the purpose to eliminate werewolves and hybrids. Josh, who remains as the proprietor of the place, is cleaning the place up from the huge mess with a big black plastic bag while Victoria and Marcel are separately roaming around the restaurant. To say that they're disgusted by the huge mess would be an understatement.

The young woman is clearly disgusted, "Ugh, talk about uncultured swines." How she would love nothing more though to expose those vampires to the sun, much like how their own leader was eliminated, thanks to Hayley.

"Looks like Emmett and his nightwalkers rode out the storm on your dime." The much older vampire commented as he begins to provide aid for him.

Victoria finds a clearly printed A4 paper-- being a brand new local memo, on the bar, with the big headline in bold as 'Citizens for the Safety of New Orleans', about 'BOUNDARIES: Everyone know their place.' with bold and underlined, 'THE CRESCENT WOLF PACK MUST VACATE THE QUARTER' the same way, 'PLEASE DO NOT TEST THE RULING POWER OF THE VAMPIRES' the same style, and only bold with 'DEFIANCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, AND ANY FORM OF PROTEST WILL BE MET WITH LETHAL FORCE'. What? Who do these people think they are? As if this city belongs to them now?

With a genuinely tired sigh, Victoria hands the memo to Marcel, who silently reads it in curiosity and more concern, before she begins to aid them also.

Joshua watches as she joins him to clean up, "Yeah. Is it wrong that I want to boil everything in bleach? Hey, tell me...what part of 'I hate everything you stand for' do you think gave them the 'mi casa, su casa' vibe?"

"Well, maybe they don't understand English, and they need a lesson on it ASAP." Victoria does a simple shrug as she grabs a finished bottle of beer.

"Yeah, that's the thing." Marcel folds the memo to keep it for now, "They don't care what you think. Or what anybody else thinks, for that matter."

❋❋❋

Penthouse Suite

Marcel, with the unfolded A4 local memo in hand, walks in with determination through the main doors with Victoria and Josh trailing after behind him to the place in which the nightwalkers are residing in the city.

As they do so, Marcel Gerard makes a clear announcement, "Party's over. Emmett. You and your crew are no longer welcome in New Orleans."

"Or else I would love to rip those hideous curtains off to soak in the beautiful morning sun together." Victoria added on with a fake smile.

"Hybrids aren't allowed here." A jet-black-haired young male vampire vamp-speeds over, as if in a blink of an eye, and is about to grab her when she rapidly grabs him in an iron choke-hold first, tightening her hold until his airways to breathe are closing and holds him up so his feet aren't touching the floor anymore until his own head rips off from his body.

With that, Victoria carelessly drops the body on the floor, staining it with her victim's blood, before she quickly grabs a sharp stake from the back pocket of her skinny jeans and throws it toward another young male vampire seated next to Emmett, who's already up on his feet in alarm, straight and deep in the heart, to which he desiccates to his own end, concerning them.