XIX • NO MORE HEARTBREAKS

nineteen | plus de chagrins

Mikaelson Compound

Cami O'Connell is sat on the long, vintage two-seated sofa, looking around her surroundings wearily, looking considerably paler than before and seemingly cannot hear Hayley standing next to her, calling her name, with Marisa present also. Freya and Klaus are near the doorway, talking quietly.

A shaky sigh of nervousness leaves Marisa, who decided to provide loyal aid for the twenty-two-year-old hybrid, "Cami? Cami, can you hear me?" How could she just leave her own cousin to speak with her former lover alone?

Hayley resumes to do so, "Cami, Cami? Cami, hey. Are you alright?"

"She was bit by Lucien. What do you think?" Marisa snapped, bubbling with anger and aching with guilt that her own ex-boyfriend has bit her cousin. Although what would stand to reason as to why he would do such a thing? If he truly does love her, like he said he does, then he wouldn't have hurt her.

Unfortunately, she fell for his empty promises and pretty face most of the time. How ridiculous and ironic. A pair of fools in love with each other.

She earns a sheepish look from Hayley, "You don't need to be hurtful." She walks towards the victimized blonde and sits on the long sofa opposite her.

Cami blinks her eyes once before her simple response, "Yeah. Considering."

Klaus turns around from his sister, carrying a cloth and an open jar, while the blonde witch trails after behind him, "Hold still. This is going to burn."

"What is that?" Marisa Westphall watches them in even more concern.

"Hopefully, a remedy." Hayley Marshall joins her to watch him as well.

Klaus takes his seat on the sofa next to the victim and gently takes her right arm, gently pressing the damp cloth to her bite; a gasp of pain escapes Cami immediately as the substance on the cloth irritates the severe bite.

The blonde shuts her eyes by the stinging burn, "Ow, ow, what is that?"

"It's a healing salve. Motherwort, white willow bark, the recipe's over a thousand years old." Freya Mikaelson responded sympathetically.

A weak smile comes upon Cami's pale face, "So the good stuff, huh?"

"It will ease the pain, dull the symptoms, but it won't stop the infection." Unfortunately; the eldest Mikaelson sibling simply explained.

"So I'm screwed?" Cami avoids her cousin's anxious gaze on purpose.

Hayley sends a quick glance at the much younger witch in the room, deeply concerned for her also, "We're going to do everything that we can, Cami." Anything to heal the bite. How determined she is to do this for her friends.

"Let's hope so." Monique walks into the room, trailed by Elijah and Vincent.

"To that end, a little assistance." Elijah added on about the former Regent.

Vincent Griffith slowly shakes his head in denial, "Cami, I'm so sorry." He has no idea what to say either. He was the one who made Lucien into a beast.

"You should be, this is your fault. It was you who turned Lucien into a beast." Klaus immediately gets up from the long sofa and begins to advance on the young Tremé witch when his brother stops him with a hand on his shoulder.