IX • SAVIOR

nine | sauveur

Mikaelson Compound

Cami O'Connell is sitting in an armchair in the spacious courtyard, which has been completely made over with Christmas decorations, including a huge tree in the middle of the room that is adorned with white light and gold and red baubles, while Marisa Westphall is sitting opposite her in another armchair. Both cousins are watching with equal parts curiosity, horror, and exasperation as a compelled young dark brown-haired woman drains her own blood from a cut on the palm of her hand into a wine glass.

A scoff of ridicule escapes Marisa, who looks away, "How predictable." Typical vampires, especially when it comes to predictable ones like Klaus.

The young woman earns a puzzled look from Cami, "Do they, like, pay you?" Elijah or Monique probably would, though the former is out to fetch Rebekah at the docks while this is certainly not the latter's doing; therefore, this has to be Klaus', considering Monique is also out to buy some gifts.

She only earns a cheerful smile from the young blood donor as Klaus Mikaelson waltzes into the room and answers her question, "Handsomely! And with a generous Christmas bonus." He looks over at the young woman with a smile, as she hands him the glass of her own blood, "Isn't that right?"

With a weak smile, her head nods before she walks away, and Klaus smirks at the cousins in amusement as he sits down in the chair next to the blonde one to enjoy his morning meal, to which Marisa only rolls her eyes at him.

"So, you just compel her to nod and agree with whatever you say?"

"I compel her to feed me...and to hang the occasional Christmas ornament. She can say whatever the hell she wants." He earns a short laugh from her as he sips his blood with an amused smile, "You seem better. Both of you."

"Yeah, well, I really do want to look good on Christmas." Marisa smiles.

Her smile seems contagious to Cami, "Yeah. Thank you for letting us stay here the last couple of days, and giving me space to not talk. Both of you."

"You're welcome. You know we love you, Cami." Marisa sincerely expressed.

Klaus seems genuinely pleased to hear this with a smile on his face, and Cami hesitates before she continues to mention him, "Why didn't you go with Elijah to help Rebekah? I hope it's not to stay and babysit us." Considering they can always take care of each other in complete defense.

Klaus seems slightly ashamed for a moment, especially when he earns a wide smile from the teenage girl, as he glances sheepishly around the room, "It's not a good idea for he and I to spend hours together in confined spaces, given that the prophecy foretells one family member felled by another."

"Sure." Marisa sarcastically mentioned as she looks away from them.

Cami can see that he's concerned and gives him a reassuring smile, "You don't think he would hurt you?" Even though he already did once.

"I don't know what to think." A tired sigh leaves him as he slowly leans forward in his seat and setting his unfinished glass down on the table.

"Well, he already did once. Remember when he daggered you?" Marisa reminded them, "And remember when you daggered your siblings?"

"The damn fortune-teller's predictions continue to unfold, despite all our efforts--" Klaus stops himself mid-sentence when a phone vibrates in the blonde's front pocket of her denim jeans, which catches their attention.