XXVII • I HEAR YOU KNOCKING

twenty-seven | je t'entends frapper

St. Louis Cathedral

A visibly anxious Klaus is slicing the right palm of his hand to drip some of his blood into a bowl for Freya while both Hayley Kenner and Victoria Labonair watch on in concern, regarding the aftermath of the sacrificial spell at the clearing somewhere in the bayou the previous night about the ritual. The Hollow, the blue light spirit, must have gotten to him and Marcel...

"So, unlike your daughter, you're haunted by the ghost of your very dead father." Victoria surmised from what he has informed the trio of women; Mikael was murdered with the white oak stake, twice, by his least favourite son. Once when he was at the Homecoming dance event back at the small town somewhere in Virginia nine years ago and second when he was at the courtyard of the compound here in the city of New Orleans itself six years ago. He was the notorious Klaus Mikaelson's one and only worst fear. The Destroyer. Therefore, perhaps that would be the reason why he's a ghost?

Hayley nods in understanding, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's how it goes." Fortunately, her precious daughter isn't undergoing this dark nightmare.

"Out of all people, why the old man?" Victoria wondered aloud, frowning.

Klaus, burning at the peak of frustration, suddenly snapped at his former foe with a venomous glare that could kill with only one look, "Don't you think if I would have known the answer to that, I wouldn't be here right now?"

"Hey. Chill." Hayley quickly defended the hybrid former law student.

"Okay, sorry. I didn't mean to push your buttons." Victoria truly expressed.

"Tell me again what happened at this ritual." Freya Mikaelson requested, considering she isn't anywhere close with her old friend Vincent anymore; ever since Davina Claire's unfortunate demise five previous years ago. She was, after all, the one who broke the large boundary circle of salt in the first place to send the eighteen-year-old girl back to the ancestral well, to a fate worse than death, in order to steal the power of the Ancestors for her to use in stripping Lucien Castle of his upgraded powers in order to save them all.

"I fought evil, and I saved children. I should be given a medal. Instead, I've been infected by some depraved ghost." Klaus anxiously reported.

Victoria shares a look with the young hybrid, "It's the Hollow. It's got to be." Considering both Klaus and Marcel were sent to another place, mentally, when they were in the large circle of flames, regarding the Hollow's anchor.

Hayley sends a quick glance at the witch, "So what are we going to do?" Considering her daughter, and actually even herself, requires her father to be well and healthy, undisturbed and peaceful from any skeptical entities.

"Well, I know purging spells and cleansing rituals, so I can fix this. In the meantime, have you considered that you're not the only one infected?" The older Original finally wondered aloud, regarding the young immortal beast.

"You haven't seen Marcel today, have you?" Victoria casually added on.

A shaky sigh of nervousness leaves Klaus, "Marcel was exposed as well."

"To the blue light. Of course." Victoria nods a little in well-understanding.

A genuinely tired sigh leaves Freya this time, "In your visions, our father's goading you to kill your enemy. If Marcel has seen something similar--"

"--Then we're all on the chopping block." Klaus immediately turns to go.

Freya immediately halts him on his way, "I need to purify you both."