XVII • BEHIND THE BLACK HORIZON

seventeen | derrière l'horizon noir

Mikaelson Compound

Monique Deveraux, Elijah, and Finn Mikaelson are watching a deeply concerning video that Vincent Griffith left for them, after Kol and Davina brought the Regent's abandoned phone from the infirmary, at the private study upstairs, regarding himself, Freya Mikaelson, and Lucien Castle. It turns out, Victoria Labonair wasn't the one who was running the auction. Therefore, both Vincent and Freya were kidnapped by Lucien, eventually.

Vincent seemed desperate to tell, "...Before they forced me to take her, they had me put up a cloaking spell, so we can't be tracked. Now, Lucien's taking us out of town someplace, I don't know where...but there's a loophole."

The video is paused by Elijah, and Finn, seemingly annoyed, looks over at Kol and Davina with a skeptical mention, "Just how am I the loophole?"

"Well, you did inhabit Vincent's body last year." Monique reminded him of the obvious, though she earns a puzzled look from the Original instead.

An impatient sigh leaves Kol, "Last year, when Esther first brought us back, I got put in the body of a gormless twit, but you got housed in one of the most powerful witch bodies in the city-- Vincent's. And, even after all this time, there's still an echo of a body-soul connection between you two." Is that even so difficult to understand? He is really getting on his last nerve.

The video is played once more, by Monique, to get more information, "And Davina, that's where you come into play. I need a powerful witch that's off the Ancestors' radar. You can even seek help from Marisa, she has no idea."

"How could Lucien keep this a secret from her?" Monique wondered aloud.

"How could Lucien do anything at this point?" Elijah retorted in return.

On the video, Vincent uses a small pocket knife to cut his left palm and leave her some of his own blood in a small vial for Davina to use in a spell.

"I want you to find the thread between me and Finn." For a locator spell.

The video is quickly paused once more by Elijah, who turns to the teenage witch in wonder and concern, "Have you ever done anything like this?"

Davina shakes her head a little, "I don't even know if it's possible."

"Great. She's ignorant." Monique sarcastically mentioned, which earns her a 'Seriously?' look from the teenager's Original lover in defense of the witch.

Davina holds up the vial of blood, and its clear by the look on her face that she doesn't want anything bad to happen to the two witches as Lucien's captives now, "I have Vincent's blood. If I can take Finn's blood and do the spell right, I should be able to track Vincent down." Therefore, Freya and Lucien as well, hopefully, in order for them to rescue the two witches.

She earns an upset look from the mentioned Original as he paces around the excessively spacious room, "I should have sensed something was wrong when Freya didn't call. Now Lucien has a head start." He looks over at the concerned eighteen-year-old witch before he shoos her away with his left hand, "Go, witch. Tend to your spells. I won't rest until she's found." Considering Freya is his most favourite sibling out of the five of them all.

A scoff of utter disbelief escapes Kol as he looks around the room at his least favourite brother and the others, visibly having difficulty keeping his temper in check, "Behold, the selfless martyr! First, he wants to rip Davina's head off for trapping him in his body. Now he can't wait to be spelled."