XL • DON'T IT JUST BREAK YOUR HEART

forty | ne te brise pas le coeur

Penthouse Suite

Several young vampires, now unfortunately without their daylight rings, have taken up residence at Marcel's former penthouse at the top floor of the building, with all of the thick curtains now closed safely, when Klaus Mikaelson barges in through the main doors, trailed after closely by Victoria. Once the sun rises early in the day, this is the impeccable time to interrogate and threaten the vampires in this city about Hayley Kenner's disappearance. Not only is she missing, though her Crescent birthmark on the back of her right shoulder was cut off and delivered to them in a box with a gold coin.

"Rise and shine, Nightwalker Nation. If it was your aim to get my attention, then I must say you've been wildly successful. I am now singularly focused on your impending suffering." He pulls out and shows the gold coin in between his right index finger and thumb, "And to whomever sent this coin and took my daughter's mother..." A smile comes upon his face as Victoria kicks a standing lamp and a chair to the floor, "...it's time to show your face."

"Yeah, or else." Victoria vamp-speeds over to get a makeshift stake, once the coin is dropped by him, from the sharp broken pieces of wood while the Original vamp-speeds over to rip the heart out of a young male vampire, as if in a blink of an eye, before she throws the sharp stake through another young male vampire's heart when he, and the rest, tries to escape then; they would kill any vampire in this city, if they have to, until they find out.

Both Klaus and Victoria then begin slaughtering and murdering the vampires separately, using their own vicious and ruthless ways to do so, until only one young male dark brown-haired vampire remains to attempt to scoot back in terror before he quickly gets up on his feet and tries to escape also, only to be punched down to the floor by Victoria aggressively.

A tired sigh leaves her, "Shame. You should really watch where you're going. You never know when my fist is on the ready to punch you in the face."

Klaus grabs the young man's left leg in a firm hold and drags him toward the closed thick curtains as he whimpers in more terror of what's coming next.

"This would mark your very last opportunity to confess." Klaus threatened.

"Or you've got a date with the eternal burn. It's your choice." Victoria hissed.

A quick gasp of terror escapes the victim, "Look, I don't know anything."

"Well, that's a pity for you then." Klaus grabs him by his jacket collar, pulls open the curtain, and lets his victim burn in the bright light of the early day.

As he's set on fire alive, Klaus drops him to the floor to burn to his own end.

Greta picks up the coin, "It's me you're looking for. Perhaps we should talk." She watches with a blank look as the pair of dangerous hybrids share a look.

❋❋❋

Mikaelson Compound (Underground)

Klaus and Victoria have taken Greta, who's now effortlessly tied up with metal chains on a cot in the dungeon, hostage and draining her of blood from her wrists, and he blows from a match just as Monique walks in to see. Why would this woman have taken Hayley hostage anyway? What did she ever do to deserve this? Although one thing is for certain is the non-arguable fact that Monique has effortlessly found out that Roman is the one and only son of this young vampire culprit. Greta and Roman Sienna. Did Hayley ever do anything, in a way, to hurt either of them? Or any of their own family? Perhaps it was because Hayley Kenner defended that boy, just for being a hybrid. Because this delusional woman sees the hybrid species as a threat.