XIII • HEART SHAPED BOX

thirteen | boîte en forme de cœur

Mikaelson Compound

Klaus Mikaelson is on the balcony overlooking the courtyard, in which it initially seems as though he is speaking to someone standing next to him.

"The taxpayers of New Orleans deserve a skilled Chief of Police."

Klaus is actually holding an unfortunate ordinary young man in a smart police uniform in an aggressive choke-hold off of the balcony with one hand while he sips a steaming mug of coffee with the other. The police chief squirms and gasps for breath desperately with a terrified look on his face.

"How inept are you if not a single one of your men can locate the woman I seek?" Being none other than his former lover, who remains insufferable; Aurora de Martel now has the 'weapon' required to kill an Original for good, thanks to one of the witches of The Sisters, who was easily tricked by Eden.

Once he came home from the cemetery that late at night, he immediately informed only the few people he trusts and considered reliable to keep it a secret; being his family and loved ones-- Freya, Monique, Elijah, and Hayley. Therefore, they are safe now that the original weapon to permanently kill an Original is in their possession, thanks to Eden and her confession for him. The decoy wouldn't have been there if it wasn't for Vincent Griffith as well, being the powerful Regent of all nine covens who made an alliance with her. Now all they're required to do is to use that decoy to their own benefit which will probably lead them to their enemy, determined to murder them.

The unfortunate police chief pleads with him desperately, for his own life, as he dangles high over the courtyard floor, "We're tryin'! She's a ghost!"

A genuinely tired sigh leaves Klaus, "Aurora de Martel is rather petite and may indeed be able to slip through the cracks like a wicked little cricket, but she is not a ghost." A devilish smile comes upon his face, "Not yet." He leans forward so he can look the undeniably terrified young man straight in the eyes, "I think this city's finest could try a little bit harder, hmm?"

Distinct footsteps can be heard approaching from behind, and Klaus turns to see Monique, Freya, and Elijah walking toward him, looking at him with exasperation, to which the golden brunette mentioned in a tired manner.

"Is this really necessary?"

"I see we're in for another normal Mikaelson breakfast." Freya mentioned.

The Original hybrid earns an annoyed eye roll and an incredulous look from Elijah, "Niklaus, for Heaven's sakes! Release the poor creature."

The police chief whimpers and shakes his head frantically, but Klaus simply shrugs and drops the man, allowing him to fall onto the floor of the courtyard, which earns him hilariously exasperated looks from the trio of his audience, though Klaus simply presents them with a typical smug smile.

A genuinely tired sigh leaves the noble Original, "That's not what I meant."

"You do know that Aurora is a vampire who's over a thousand years old like you, do you not? Which means NOLA PD are not going to be much help." Especially considering they're ordinary people, Monique reminded him.

"It's too early to listen to your pointers, love." Klaus brushed her off with a smirk as he walks past his brother into the spacious upstairs living room, "As for the poor creature, he'll live! And he'll remember to do better."