XXX • VOODOO IN MY BLOOD

thirty | vaudou dans mon sang

Convenience Store/Mikaelson Compound

Alaric Saltzman walks out through the main door of the store, on his phone, toward his own parked truck, "You need to relax. I'm on my way to New Orleans right now. And I have good news. I went through the remains of the Lockwood estate, and I found you one creepy-ass, ancient finger bone."

"Your efforts are appreciated. Now, if you could only pick up the pace." Klaus speed-walks out of his unoccupied bedroom and down the main hallway.

Alaric chuckles as he leans against the parked vehicle, which he's filling with gas, "Easy, Klaus. The only reason I'm heading your way is because I don't want you anywhere near Mystic Falls. Things tend to get murder-y when you're around." Being what he is, the Original hybrid, after all, considering the horrible things he has committed ever since he stepped foot into town.

2010. The precise year when the Originals were first heard of and spoken about among his close companions and loved ones, ever since Elena Gilbert was kidnapped to be handed over to Elijah Mikaelson in exchange for her captors' freedom after they were running from him for five hundred years. All of which begun ever since Katerina Petrova found out the true intention of Klaus to her, hence she stole the moonstone, and ran away on her own, only to find out eventually that all of her family were slaughtered by him. All of which centered around his ancient hybrid curse, which required the sacrifices of a werewolf, a vampire, and a human doppelgänger, with the aid of a witch and the moonstone. Jules, Jenna, Elena being collateral damage.

Now, Alaric has two daughters, who are five years old, to take care of.

"Well, that's a fair point. Now, Alaric, if our pleasantries have run their course..."

"Oh, hey, listen, one more thing. The Lockwoods, they didn't just safeguard the bone...They kept records with names, dates and locations. Turns out they had knowledge of other families that were charged with guarding the rest of the remains. Now, does the name Labonair mean anything to you?"

Klaus Mikaelson simply nods along with this, "It's familiar, yeah. Very." Considering both Victoria and Hayley are extremely close with him now. Heck, even his own daughter is considered the youngest Labonair alive. How Victoria's grandmother, Sofia Labonair, was actually born a Laveau, being the distant niece of practically Monique or even Eden Deveraux, was unbelievable, considering Monique's aunt was married to an ordinary man with the surname of Laveau. Therefore, she's technically related to the Labonairs, being Victoria, Hayley, Hope, even Mary and Jackson (in-laws).

"Well, good. That might be a lead to help you find the rest of the remains. Which you'll have to do yourself, because my days of fighting monsters are over. Okay, so here's the deal. I will be at Jack's Bar-B-Q Shack off Route Fifty-nine until two o'clock. If you're not there by 2:10, I chuck the bone and the records in a dumpster and I'm gone. And then you can fish them out of the trash yourself." The former Occult Studies professor informed him.

"Well, I'm afraid I'll be otherwise occupied, so you'll be meeting Elijah. And if, perchance, he's running late, I suggest you exercise some patience and have yourself a beer. Otherwise, you'll have a few more monsters to worry about." Klaus quickly hangs up the phone to go to the local church immediately, walking down the main hallway when he intercepts his way with his former lover, to which he effortlessly conceals how utterly annoyed he feels by her presence, "You really don't know how to take a hint, do you?"

No. Eden Deveraux is to be the one who's currently in his way, "I'll go when I'm entirely sure that you're going to be okay, and you don't seem like it."