XXXVII • ONE WRONG TURN ON BOURBON

thirty-seven | un faux tour sur le bourbon

Mikaelson Compound

Hope, who's lying down in her own comfortable, large queen-sized bed under the covers as she's only staring at the dark ceiling above, deeply contemplates the time she astral projected to her own father somewhere in Russia when she was only an odd nine years old, in the exact room at the moment in the present night; her own bedroom, in which her father's painting of New Orleans on the wall on top of her bed and the hanging crystals from above the large bed as well while Monique is sleeping in peace on the fourteen-year-old's left, considering she requested her to be here.

Hope, who's only nine years old, sets a medium-sized dark green bowl full of clear water in the middle of a boundary circle, made of salt, before she takes her comfortable seat down, her long black sleeves up, and snaps her fingers to make the candles light up on their own. With a notebook open wide, titled with colourful drawings of 'Cosmos' and the next page being 'ASTRAL PROJECTION' in vibrant colours as well-- from which she learned herself at the school, she takes a herb and mixes it into the bowl of water.

"Demitte moi..." Hope's astral self is magically transported to a spacious room, in which she catches her own father rip the heart out of a woman, to which her shocked eyes truly show a look of terror and horror, "Dad!"

Klaus quickly turns around to face her, his whole outfit bloody, along with his own face, neck, hands, incurring a raw look of burning fury, "Get out!"

Hope, undeniably terrified beyond disbelief of her own father with a wince, snaps her fingers with her eyes closed once more, which transports her back to her original spot in her own bedroom at home, safe, sound, and alone.

Meanwhile, downstairs, both Freya and Victoria are seated opposite each other in silence as they patiently, though anxiously, wait for Klaus' arrival. If Klaus comes anywhere near his own daughter, she's not going to be safe.

Victoria, who effortlessly senses another's presence, has a small smile growing on her lovely face at this, "Thought you weren't going to show up."

Klaus walks into his own study, "Hello to you too." His dark turquoise eyes dart over to the blonde, "Sister. The years have been kind to you."

The smile on Victoria's face only grows wider in joy, "Mmhm. Fortunately."

Freya, who immediately has gotten back up on her feet once he shows up, quickly embraces him into a reunion hug in relief before she pulls away.

"Well, you know, just sun block, the love of a good woman and literal witchcraft." A tired sigh leaves Freya, "You can't stay. Hope's home." Fortunately, she has her dearest aunt Monique to keep her in well company.

Victoria gets up on her feet as well, "Yeah, and Monique's up there with her."

"I have no interest in infecting my daughter with this darkness. Once we've found her mother, I'll crawl back to whence I came." A genuinely tired sigh leaves Klaus, "This city reeks of blood like it hasn't since the War of 1812."

"That's because of you." Victoria nods along with this, "Offense, yeah."

"I know you spoke with Elijah and then hours later, it rained red." Freya recalled in great sympathy and warm well-understanding with her brother.

"What part of 'never see each other again' are you not registering?" Victoria snapped in more defense, "He doesn't know you. Leave him alone."

Klaus slowly shakes his head in denial, "No story that begins with water turning into blood has ever ended in triumph. I need to leave or things are going to get worse. Tell me about Hayley." His tone sounded assertive.