XIV • A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE

fourteen | un tramway nommé désir

Mikaelson Compound

Freya Mikaelson is pacing around the private study, belonging to one of her respective brothers, upstairs while a seemingly tense Elijah and a seemingly guilty Monique are standing around the exact room and watching her, awaiting a reaction. The blonde turns and gives him an incredulous look.

A shaky sigh of nervousness leaves the aching Monique, "We're sorry, okay?" Regarding the significant secret they require to keep hidden about Rebekah's state being daggered in a coffin in order to protect her family.

"About what? About the fact that you daggered Rebekah? And you're just telling me now?" The eldest Mikaelson sibling shakes her head in denial, eventually acknowledging that the less people know about this, the better.

"We decided to keep it a secret...because Rebekah asked him to." On the exact night of the family Christmas Eve celebration; Monique disclosed about her sire's own decision to control the prophecy by themselves.

"She sacrificed herself in order to protect us. And, to protect her, I've told Niklaus, and I'm telling you. No one, apart from Monique, would have known Rebekah's whereabouts if Aurora had taken my life." Elijah admitted, mentally recalling how truly fortunate they are to be in possession of the white oak and their mutual foe only has regular wood as her lethal bullets.

"If she actually has the white oak with her, which she doesn't. We do. So, you and Nik are unkillable with an advantage." Monique reminded them; thanks to Vincent's spells and Eden's trickery, they might be spared now.

"Though your life remains at risk. If she would have struck you straight in the heart with the wooden bullet, you wouldn't be here today." Elijah said.

"She missed, yes, but some things never change, does it? You're always going to treat me like a damsel in distress, as if I can't protect myself." Even though she's over nine hundred years old now; Monique called him out, burning with annoyance that the Originals, especially Elijah and Klaus, are always determined in their power to protect her even if she doesn't need it. Both brothers seem to be overprotective of her, obsessed to keep her safe. Although it obviously made her love them even more than she already does.

"Yes, because I refuse to believe that you are capable of looking out for your own safety and well-being. As long as Aurora has a weapon in play that is capable enough to kill young vampires like yourself, I intend to protect you with a secure protection spell. Whatever happens, you will be alright." They cannot risk Monique getting harmed by another splinter, Elijah promised.

"I liked it better when you sounded a lot less like Nik." Monique mentioned.

Freya nods at him in warm assurance, regarding his precious sweetheart, with a small smile, "I'll cast a protection spell on you later. The prophecy says you three will be felled by friend, family, and foe. Rebekah was fallen by family. That leaves friend and foe. You and Klaus have a lot of foes."

"If that's not the huge understatement of the century, I don't know what is." Monique incurs an amused smile to show up on her sweetheart's face.

The younger Original chuckles good-heartedly at that, "Just one or two."

Freya shares a humorous look with her, "Thankfully, not many friends."

Just then, as if on cue, Klaus Mikaelson walks into the room with an unexpected guest, more specifically known as Stefan Salvatore, in tow, which quickly catches Monique's attention first as she turns to them; Elijah hilariously rolls his clear hazel eyes at the sight of the youngest vampire.