XLII • GOD'S GONNA TROUBLE THE WATER

forty-two | dieu va troubler l'eau

Rousseau's Restaurant

All Victoria, Marcel, Vincent, Sebastian, and Gia are seated at the bar, silently contemplating the devastating tragedy that has struck them regarding the unbelievable loss of an extremely good friend. Sebastian and Gia have landed back home to New Orleans early before dawn from Milan, Italy, in which they have resided together as a married pair for seven years now.

"She didn't deserve what she got. Hayley died as a sacrifice, to protect her daughter. To protect her family." Victoria declared as the youngest vampire in the room pours most of them, but herself, glasses of shots to drink up; the woman didn't just sacrifice herself for her daughter, though for Klaus as well. Her family, and even for Monique. Because of her, Greta died as well.

"Then it's up to us to make her sacrifice count." Gia Deveraux resumed on.

"This was my fault. I'm the one who let Greta get away." Josh walks over to the bar, in which they're all seated comfortably, with a glass bottle of beer, remaining to ache with guilt for his part when he was alone with the woman in the underground dungeon of the compound when he tried to provide aid, only to get his own face ripped off by her before she escaped to wherever. Now not only had she had Elijah on her side, though Hayley died because of her, and Hope even almost died along with her because of Roman himself.

Victoria downs her shot with only one gulp, "Here we go. Guilt is a bitch." Just like Greta, as she pours herself another shot this time in recollection.

A genuinely tired sigh leaves Vincent Griffith at that reminder, "You can't beat yourself up over this, Josh. Greta's plan was already in motion. You didn't start the fire, you just got burnt by the flame, like everybody else."

"Yeah, it's called collateral damage, and one of them's Hayley." Victoria said.

"Yeah, well, still, I can't believe this was our people who did this to her."

Marcel Gerard quickly pipes in in their own faction's true defense, "Those are not our people, alright? They are a cancer that needs to be wiped out."

"Yeah, considering they're known as this stupid movement with the intention to wipe out hybrids off the face of the Earth." Victoria snapped in defense of her own kind; no more hybrids because they're a threat? Who do these people think they are? Who did Greta thought she was? A hero? If Elijah hadn't stepped in the picture, she would have no hesitation at all to rip Greta's heart out of her chest, much like what Klaus did to her husband.

"Just because the grieving widow became influenced with her dead husband's retarded mindset." Sebastian resumed from what he's gathered.

"Wiping them out can wait 'til tomorrow. Today is about grieving. I set up a truce between all four of the factions. This afternoon, we have the second line, and then, this evening, we have our werewolf funeral." Vincent spoke.

Gianna nods a little in bittersweet recollection, "In the bayou. Hayley did told me once that if she died, one day, she would've wanted the werewolf funeral to be the last and the most important part. Because it made her actually feel that she would be with her people. Her husband. Her family." The Kenners, Labonairs, Mikaelsons, Hayley was a significant part of all the three; being married to Jackson, originally born as a Labonair, a Mikaelson through Hope and Klaus. Now perhaps she would end up with her husband in the peaceful afterlife, her real parents, the rest of her family. All in peace.

"And that's what she'll have." Victoria declared in visible determination.

"And Klaus? Don't mean to be the doomsday prophet, but if he's in the city, with Hope, he brings all that chaos back with him." Josh reminded them.