XI • WILD AT HEART

eleven | le coeur qui est en desert

Mikaelson Compound

Klaus Mikaelson has just come home, and when he speed-walks upstairs to his bedroom, he finds an empty, finished blood bag on his massive king-sized bed, staining his dark brown sheets with dry blood, and lets out a sigh of burning annoyance as he picks it up and throws it aside. He then makes his way into Elijah's private study, in which he and Monique are going through seemingly-old notes printed on parchment at his own desk.

A small smile comes upon her beautiful face, "Good morning, Nik." To say that he's seemingly annoyed and frustrated would be an understatement.

Although he simply ignores the greeting, "Where the bloody hell is she?"

His brother stifles his own smile, "I assume we are talking about Camille..." Hopefully not Rebekah, considering she's actually daggered by him alone.

A sigh of exasperation leaves him, and Elijah doesn't even look up from his research to continue their conversation, "Just refresh my memory, Niklaus-- was I the one who impulsively handed her a daylight ring after I snatched it from her own cousin? Oh, no, that's right. It was you." To protect her...

"I think it's really sweet that you're looking after her." Monique reviewed.

They earn an eye roll from the younger Original, "She left, didn't she?"

"Well, yeah, considering the alternative would be much less pleasant." The young woman in the middle replied the obvious as she nods her head.

"So, why don't you go and find her? Monique and I shall deal with the growing nightmare of our family's potential extinction." Elijah assured him.

"Yes, always the diligent defenders, despite the fact that the danger has somewhat subsided, what, with Tristan de Martel now literally sleeping with the fishes? Apart from Eden Deveraux now left out in the cold." Klaus said.

"We're working on it." Monique Deveraux assured him in well-pursuit.

The older Original looks at his own sweetheart for a moment, "A darker threat remains. Now, if something out there is capable of killing us--" He lowers his voice to a mocking whisper, "--We should probably find it."

"One being the cure of immortality, courtesy of Aunt Dahlia, now in the hands of The Strix after Eden traded it for her freedom." Monique recalled.

Klaus sighs tiredly, "I'd love to find it. However, I got Camille into this mess..." He trailed off when he finds a visibly exhausted and overwhelmed Hayley shows up in the open doorway with their baby balanced on her hip.

"Hayley." Monique gently mentioned the mother's unexpected presence.

She focuses her gaze on the father of her child, "She left around sunrise."

She earns relatable looks of utter concern from the trio in the private study.

"My guess is that she needed some air?" A genuinely tired sigh leaves Hayley, "I couldn't sleep. I saw her leaving from my balcony."

"To embrace her new nature, of course." Monique turns to the visibly worried younger Original, "Yeah, make sure she doesn't feed on any tourists and especially locals, otherwise we're going to have to put her down."