XXXIII • A SPIRIT HERE THAT WON'T BE BROKEN

thirty-three | un esprit ici qui ne sera pas brisé

St. Anne's Catholic Church

Marisa Westphall makes her casual way into the old, dilapidated attic above, in which the place used to be Davina's bedroom seven previous years ago right after Marcel Gerard rescued her amidst the Harvest ritual with the aid of the rest of his vampire men, with a plastic bag filled with delectable breakfast food in her right hand and a small cardboard tray, filled with cups of warm coffee, in her left, just how she's planning to spend the early sunrise with Davina Claire herself as an act of seeking her forgiveness. Although she only finds the dusty attic unoccupied with the younger woman nowhere in sight, now that both of them are equally twenty-four in age.

Where could she be? "Davina?" Marisa called out with a frown on her face.

"I'm right here." Davina walks out from the changing space, to which a sigh of relief leaves her friend as she walks up to her with the food, "For me?"

"I figured, let's start fresh, and I would like to start it off with an apology. Here." Marisa hands her the plastic bag while she takes one of the warm cups of coffee once she sets the cardboard tray down on a table nearby first, "Blueberry waffles and some french fries, your favourite. Hopefully, these would actually heat you up and energize you from the cold dead, yeah?"

A cute giggle escapes Davina Claire, "Oh my God. You shouldn't have."

Marisa nods a little, remaining to smile at her, "I meant what I said, Davina. From what I did to you six years ago, I realised how I...overreacted. But we were just kids then. We knew nothing about life, but once I actually left this city five years ago...without Cami, without you, without Kol, without anyone, really, but myself, I grew to learn, and it hurts because I have got to leave what I had here behind. I missed this place, I missed you, I miss Cami, let alone this church that never fails to remind me of Uncle Kieran." And Sean, who was hexed by a witch for something that even he didn't do in the very first place which only ended up with him to murder the seminary students in the exact church and murdered himself along with them then.

Uncle Kieran, who was the local priest here, was hexed by another witch and he only ended up as a vampire against his own will, which only to end up eventually dead, considering it was a mercy killing by Klaus, for Camille. Both Kieran's and Sean's poor tragedies occurred seven previous years ago.

"Oh, Marisa." Davina embraces her into a warm hug, with the plastic bag filled with food, for solace and gently rubs her friend's back with her left hand, "Of course, I forgive you. I've already forgiven you, after all this time."

"Thank you." Marisa slowly pulls away from the embrace with the smile, "Did anything happen before I showed up here? Considering the Hollow..." The ancient witch who remains linked to Davina for defensive purposes.

Davina shakes her head a little, "I'm okay. I'm alive now, remember?"

A quick scoff escapes Marisa with a humorous remark, "How could I forget? But we both know that as long as you're linked to someone dangerous, many of her enemies out there-- especially the Mikaelsons, are racing to find a way to kill her, which means we need to find a way to unlink you ASAP."

"She was powerful enough to bring me back from the dead." Davina shakes her head a little, worried, "Marisa, you have no idea what we're up against."

The Hollow, originally with the name Inadu, who's now an extremely powerful witch, being fifteen hundred years old using very dark magic?

The genuinely pleased smile on Marisa's face only grows, "I think I do, thanks to Kol. Speaking of which, I have to go see him. Stay here. I'll be back." With that, she turns around to go when she's immediately halted.