VIII • THE OTHER GIRL IN NEW ORLEANS

eight | l'autre fille de la nouvelle orléans

Mikaelson Compound

Elijah, Freya, and Monique are in one of the private studies upstairs, in which Freya is in the middle of setting up a fortified magical binding circle made of salt and herbs to significantly imprison the unconscious Tristan de Martel, who has been tightly chained to a chair, for interrogation. Inside the circle are Elder Futhark runes, including ingwaz and algiz. Once the magical circle is complete, Freya looks up at the pair with a genuinely tired sigh.

"Is it done?" Monique Deveraux curiously mentioned her lover's sister.

Freya Mikaelson nods, "The spell is complete. Tristan cannot cross the boundary of his own will, but we can enter and leave as we please."

She earns a sincerely grateful smile from Monique at that, "Thank you."

Elijah Mikaelson crouches down to look at their unconscious captive closer.

"I took the liberty of injecting him with hibiscus and mugwort to counteract any vervain in his system. All you have to do is compel him to give you the longitude of Rebekah's location." The older Original informed them both.

"He says he's immune." The younger Original informed them in return.

"I guess a hundred years of being compelled to believe he was someone else really taught him well." His sweetheart considered aloud in annoyance.

Freya simply shrugs, "Well, then I'll find some other way to make him talk."

"Oh." Uttered Monique once she quickly realizes what she meant by that.

The blonde walks over to an end table and sets the jar of salt on it before she picks up an old-fashioned looking dagger with a thick, wavy-cut blade.

"Will you?" Elijah walks over to his sister and holds out his left hand, and she sighs tiredly once again before reluctantly giving him the old dagger.

"We should go easy on him. Cami's missing, which means Aurora took her as leverage to get her brother back. Who knows what she'll do to her if anything terrible happens to him." Monique reminded them the ultimatum.

"You're right. Speaking of the she-devil, you're still upset we tortured Aurora without your permission." Freya added on as a reminder for him.

"I'd say we're sorry, but we're really not." Monique resumed smugly.

"Oh, I'm obscenely fond of torture. But yes, when I'm entertaining, I like to be the one to choose precisely when and how we violate the guests." Elijah turns the old dagger in his left hand so that he's holding the blade with the handle facing toward his sister before he sits it down on the end table.

Freya shares a look with the other woman, "Fine. How should we proceed?"

"Devastate his body, infiltrate the mind, and steal the information we need. To that end, I've invited two friends." Elijah informed them.

Just then, Gia and Hayley, who has baby Hope balanced on her right hip, walk through the doorway to join them. At the sight of his niece, Elijah gives the young hybrid a look of confusion, to which Gia spoke up first.

"Elijah. I got your text. We both did."

"Unless one of them's violently teething, I don't recommend this as a daycare..." The younger Original mentioned in defense of the toddler.