X • A GHOST ALONG THE MISSISSIPPI

ten | un fantôme le long du mississippi

Mikaelson Compound

Cami O'Connell, now fresh from the shower after her unexpected demise the previous night due to Aurora's compulsion when she was held hostage at the local church-- being that she drank a vial of the vampire's blood before she silently slit her own throat while Klaus was asleep closely next to her in his own massive king-sized bed, is weakly trailing after Klaus Mikaelson into the private study, clearly out of breath, and weakly leans against the door frame, when her own cousin rushes over toward her.

"Cami! Cami, hey, I got his text." Marisa provides her the aid to stand up properly, "I came here as quick as I could. Are you okay? Have you fed?" To picture her own cousin feeding on fresh human blood would be the final morbid thing on her mind, though the woman has to if she wants to live on.

Although would Camille even want to live on? As an undead person? To depend on innocents' blood to heal when her purpose is to heal people? Feeding on human blood definitely doesn't describe Cami O'Connell at all. Once she was informed via text from Klaus that Aurora de Martel compelled Cami to slit her own throat after she drank her blood, she didn't know what to think other than the only thought that she would want her cousin to feed. If she doesn't, she would die permanently. Therefore, who's going to remain with her as a family now that Uncle Kieran, Sean, and Kaleb are gone?

Cami weakly shakes her head, "Does it look like I fed? I bet I look like crap." She squints her eyes as the sunlight rains in, "Ugh, the light is killing me."

"Yeah, you're in transition. I'll draw the curtains closed." Marisa speed-walks over to close off the curtains to prevent any sunlight from shining indoors.

A shaky sigh leaves the nervous Camille, "Much better. Thank you, Mare." She has no idea what she would do without her youngest cousin-- who feels more like a sister to her ever since they're stuck together in this busy city. Therefore, is she really going to leave this teenage girl behind, alone?

A smile of great sympathy comes upon Klaus' gorgeous face, "You'll adjust." As a vampire, he would voluntarily mentor her throughout her experience.

"Let's hope so. I'll make you a daylight ring." Marisa quickly offered.

Cami stumbles into the study, visibly overwhelmed by her heightened senses, "Why is this music so loud? Why does everything hurt so much?"

"Your senses are heightened when you turn. It'll feel much better after you feed. Everything's just magnified for you now." Marisa informed her.

"Ugh." She manages to make it to the desk and leans against it for support; instead of being comforted by this information, Cami scowls at them, "To feed on human blood? Gross. You guys just assume I'm going to do it?"

The smile on Klaus' face falls when he realizes what she's implying, watching as Cami earns a rather serious look from the anxious Marisa.

"Well, yeah. You're still my cousin, Cami, my family. Vampire or not." How could the woman be so selfish if she would rather choose to die alone? Leave the family she remains to have, especially the teenage girl present.

Klaus, caught off-guard, struggles to find the words to speak, though Cami cuts him off as she makes her way to the couch to sit down, "Sorry, Marisa. What did I expect? I chose to live here, right along all of you, knowing what you are. What the hell did I think was going to happen? This was only ever going to end one way." She pauses for a moment, "I deserve this."