XLIII • THE KINDNESS OF STRANGERS

forty-three | la gentillesse des étrangers

Chambre de Chasse, Mikaelson Compound

Freya and Rebekah Mikaelson watch as their brother, Klaus, grabs a long sledgehammer and starts using it against the concrete Mikaelson crest, with the signature 'M', on the wall of the courtyard until it shatters in search for a key to get out of the mental place all of the siblings are imprisoned in now. The longer they remain together, even in a mental landscape here, the more horrible the weather during the late dark night becomes by the dark magic. Who could've placed them here? Freya? Hope? Vincent? Ivy? Any witch can.

Rebekah mentions him once he resumes to use the sledgehammer against the crest even when it's clear that nothing is hidden there, "Nik, it's done."

"I think we've established that there's no key in the crest." Freya added on.

Klaus drops the sledgehammer on the floor, "The thing was a relic anyway."

Suddenly, Victoria and Marcel magically show up on the floor of the courtyard, the former seated while the latter's on all fours, blood staining them from their face down to their clothes, as if they've been fighting. How did they get here? Where did they come from? Why them? Why not Hope?

A gasp of raw surprise escapes Victoria, who looks at him and the rest of the three siblings with furrowed eyebrows, "What the hell? Oh, damn it."

"Victoria." Klaus skeptically mentioned as he starts to examine the pair.

"Marcel." Rebekah mentioned after a gasp of surprise escapes her as well.

"Damn it!" Marcel gets up on his feet right after the hybrid, "I got to go now."

"How? We're not exactly here, are we?" Victoria snapped in annoyance.

"Hey!" Klaus marches over to face them, "What game is Vincent playing?" Whatever this is, nothing about it is amusing whatsoever. Hope's in danger.

A scoff escapes Victoria, "Bold of you to assume that this is Vincent's game."

"We got to get out of here. The city is about to wash away. She's out of her damn mind." Marcel is about to walk past his sire when he halts him again.

"Who, Marcel?! Who put you two here?!" Klaus sternly demanded them.

"Your one of a kind daughter. Hope is responsible for all of this. Ivy was telling us and Vincent all about the latest prophecy when a hurricane showed up off the coast out of nowhere. Something tells me you were expecting that." Victoria informed them, especially the father, in alarm.

"A monsoon from the water is the final curse before the firstborns die." Being Hope, Monique, Ivy, and every other firstborn here; Freya recalled.

"Being you, me, Hope, Monique, Peter, Ivy, and every other firstborn from this city." Victoria clearly, specifically, listed out as a reminder for them.

Rebekah walks over and hands her a clean white folded towel, which Victoria takes, before she does the same to Marcel, who takes it from her in silence and wipes his handsome face clean from the blood, after Victoria.

"Have I ever told you I missed you yet?" Victoria casually mentioned her.

She earns a smile from Rebekah, "I missed you too, and you're welcome."

"We went to go find you guys. Hope was at St. Anne's with Peter. They had Klaus and Elijah's bodies laid out on the floor. She's gathering up all of you to take back the power that's been split up inside of you." Marcel reported.