03. STUDIO GHOSTS

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎ 𝑭 𝑨 𝑹 𝑭 𝑹 𝑶 𝑴 𝑵 𝑶 𝑹 𝑴 𝑨 𝑳 ▎
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ━━ STUDIO GHOSTS.
࿔·゚*ೃ࿐ ࿔* 🎸🥁🎤🎶

they aren't real, there's nosuch thing as 𝗰𝘂𝘁𝗲 ghosts  ・ 。゚☆: *

such thing as 𝗰𝘂𝘁𝗲 ghosts
・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

     "ARE you sure you won't come in for a while?" Julie lifted her bag from the floor of the front seat of Ashley's car, slinging it over her shoulder while still sat down. "My dad hasn't seen you in like, forever and I might need you there to soften the blow when he finds out about the whole music program thing."

     Ashley chuckled, drumming her fingers on the steering wheel.

     "Honestly JuJu, I would, but I promised my mom I would help her with the kitchen cupboards." Ashley reached across to brush her hand across her best friends shoulder softly. "The kitchen is being remodelled in a few weeks so we're moving everything from the cupboards into the garage."

     Julie sighed softly, but not out of annoyance. She knew Ashley had had other commitments that night, she had just hoped for someone else to be there when her dad found out she'd been kicked from the music program - usually, if someone else was with her, he wasn't as hard on her, even though it was rare that he was ever hard on her at all. He would just be disappointed.

     "You know what, tomorrow after school, you have me all to yourself." Ashley shoved her friend a little who was balancing in the front seat with one foot out of the door, ready to depart the vehicle. "Once I've dropped Flynn off at home I'll drive us here and we can spend the rest of the afternoon together, I promise."

     This seemed to please Julie enough to get out of the car and allow Ashley to leave, waving her off as the car drove away into the distance. Just to stall for time, Julie didn't leave the sidewalk outside until she could no longer see Ashley's car on the road and knew that she would eventually have to go inside otherwise her dad would worry, so she bit the bullet and headed towards her front door.

     Julie spent her whole afternoon on the edge of her seat as she did her homework, waiting for her father to pull her up about the music program, but he never did. Not even when he came downstairs to see that she was home from school did he say anything, but Julie's heart leapt when she heard his voice, waiting for the lecture. All he wanted to tell her was that he was about to leave the house to go and watch her little brother Carlos' game of baseball with his team.

     "I've had photo shoots all day. I didn't even get a chance to eat." Julie's father was grinning at his daughter and she couldn't imagine that he was going to lecture her, or that he even knew, until he said, "But, I got a phone call today."

     This was it. This was the lecture that Julie had been waiting for.

     "Yeah, I figured as much." Julie sighed, taking off her glasses and putting them down on the table, waiting for her father to start talking about the program.