12. NEW NOTIONS

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎ 𝑭 𝑨 𝑹  𝑭 𝑹 𝑶 𝑴  𝑵 𝑶 𝑹 𝑴 𝑨 𝑳    ▎
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 ━━ NEW NOTIONS.
࿔·゚*ೃ࿐ ࿔*   🎸🥁🎤🎶

and in the 𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗱𝗹𝗲 of my chaos, there was you  ・ 。゚☆: *

chaos, there was you
  ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

MONDAY morning was different from any Monday mornings Ashley had seen, at least for a while. When the junior had arrived at school with her two best friends in the car, Flynn had disappeared quickly saying she needed to sort something out and had left Ashley with Julie who was in a very good mood, especially for it being so early, the best mood she had seen her in in a long while.

The girl had her headphones in as she shimmied along, Ashley tailing her but not too close - Julie was listening to something through her headphones which had got her dancing and Ashley was afraid she might accidentally get punched in the eye if she got too close - and it was nice seeing Julie back to being so much herself again that she was dancing in the hallways of the school.

Ashley was so glad to see Julie back to being herself again that when she stole the drumsticks of one of the marching band boys without even realising, Ashley didn't try to stop her. She would let her have this moment of happiness.

The whole song and dance ended when Julie and Ashley got to their lockers, Julie still bouncing about with her music coming through her headphones. Flynn was walking down the corridor towards them as the boy Julie had taken the drumsticks from came to ask for them back. The look on her face was priceless.

When Flynn reached Julie and Ashley's lockers, she was laughing too.

"Hey, what's up?" Julie noticed Flynn laughing and caught her gaze.

"Nothing." Flynn smiled. "It's just nice seeing you back to your weirdo self."

"Isn't it nice?" Ashley nudged Flynn with her elbow. "She's been dancing and singing with her headphones on since we got out of the car and even when she stole some drumsticks from a boy in my year I didn't have the heart to stop her."

"Thanks?" Julie looked between them as they chuckled.

"So, how's the band? Still hot? Still talented? Still dead?"

Flynn leaned in for that last part and Ashley choked on a chuckle.

"They're amazing." Ashley smiled at Flynn as Julie chuckled.

"Luke and I spent the whole weekend writing songs." Julie gestured out with her hands. "Ashley helped with some. You wanna hear some of them?"

Flynn nodded enthusiastically.

Julie smiled as she closed her locker and they began to walk towards the music room at the end of the hallway which would be empty for them to use.